The long awaited Airspy software defined radio is now available for preorder and will ship during mid November for those orders placed before November 7. It is priced at $199 USD.
The Airspy is an RX only SDR with a tuning range of 24 MHz to 1.7 GHz, up to 10 MHz of instantaneous bandwidth and a 12-bit ADC. The full list of features is shown below. If you are looking for an upgrade to the RTL-SDR and do not need TX capabilities, this is probably the SDR that will provide the best performance for price.
- Continuous 24 – 1750 MHz RX range with no gaps
- 3.5 dB NF between 42 and 1002 MHz
- Tracking RF filters
- 35dBm IIP3 RF front end
- 12bit ADC @ 20 MSPS (80dB Dynamic Range, 64dB SNR, 10.4 ENOB) – Yeah, size does matter.
- Up to 80 MSPS for custom applications
- Cortex M4F @ up to 204MHz with Multi Core support (dual M0)
- 1.5 ppm high precision, low phase noise clock
- 1 RTC clock (for packet time-stamping)
- External clock input (10 MHz to 100 MHz via MCX connector) – Ideal for phase coherent radios
- 10 MHz panoramic spectrum view with 9MHz alias/image free
- IQ or Real, 16bit fixed or 32bit float output streams
- No IQ imbalance, DC offset or 1/F noise at the center of the spectrum that plagues all the other SDRs
- Extension ports: 16 x SGPIO
- 1 x RF Input (SMA)
- 1 x RF Output (Loopthrough, U-FL)
- 2 x High Speed ADC inputs (up to 80 MSPS, U-FL)
- 4.5v software switched Bias-Tee to power LNA’s and up/down-converters