Motorola DTR radios and RTL-SDR

Main forum to discuss RTL-SDR related topics.
Valeriy

Motorola DTR radios and RTL-SDR

Post by Valeriy » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:34 pm

Hello, browsing an Italian electronics e-shop, I recently discovered the existence of a kind of digital two-way radios I wasn't aware before: the Motorola DTR series.
They works in the 900 MHz ISM and 2400 MHz ISM bands, with the Frequency-Hoppping Spread-Spectrum digital technology (FHSS)
(see www.motorolasolutions.com for the specs).
They are intended for the use by civilian service personnel: public works, hospitals, schools, malls, etc.
Now the question is: will be it possible to decode their signals with an RTL-SDR dongle and DSD+?
And, if they are detectable, at least in the 900 MHz range, what their signals look like on the spectrum analyzer screen? :?
Thanks for any explanation.

Username

Re: Motorola DTR radios and RTL-SDR

Post by Username » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:46 am

Hello, browsing an Italian electronics e-shop, I recently discovered the existence of a kind of digital two-way radios I wasn't aware before: the Motorola DTR series.
They works in the 900 MHz ISM and 2400 MHz ISM bands, with the Frequency-Hoppping Spread-Spectrum digital technology (FHSS)
So Europe have no 900MHz ISM Band.
That mean the Radios are for the US Marked. 2,4Ghz Band? The rules are restricted for the Band.

Search for PMR446 Radios.