New HDSDR Version 2.75

Main forum to discuss RTL-SDR related topics.
DC2DLSDR

New HDSDR Version 2.75

Post by DC2DLSDR » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:23 pm

Happy New year all. I am already running the basic DVB-T+DAB+FM stick through this sites Quick Start Platform, so far I'm quite satisfied with the results, still learning. Is the new HDSDR Version 2.75 applicable to my dongle? Would I benefit my reception parameters using it & if so how do I download it to the existing program? Also I hear there's a scanner plugin that allows you to scan user selectable frequencies or actually scan a specific section of spectrum like VHF 30 MHz to 50 MHz low band or VHF airband or VHF railroad band. Would my dongle run with those applications or would I need to upgrade which I'm eventually planning to do, thanks in advance. I do hope everybody here got all your SDR toys, my family got everything they wished for & I got the credit card statements. :cry: Marriage...one of GODS deepest mysteries.

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Re: New HDSDR Version 2.75

Post by rtlsdrblog » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:13 am

HDSDR works just fine with RTL-SDRs, and some of the improvements made in the new version are specific to the RTL-SDR.

So it can't hurt to download it and give it a try. The site is hdsdr.de. If you scroll down on the quickstart guide, we also have a tutorial for using HDSDR there.

The scanner plugin is for SDR#. I suggest taking a look at http://www.rtl-sdr.com/sdrsharp-plugins/, and trying out the Freq. Manager plugin and/or the Fast Scanner plugin.

nospam

Post by nospam » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:15 am

I have been running 2.75. For me to make it work on W10 I have to launch with admin authority otherwise it is unable to run the rtl***.dll. I tried changing the permissions of that dll but w10 would not allow me.

I have not tried any of the scanning etc. plugins.

DC2DLSDR

Post by DC2DLSDR » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:16 am

Couldn't get it going, I'll read all the accompanying tutorials & watch the videos again before reloading. Also sometimes the 3 if, af & audio windows on the bottom of the waterfall display don't come on when I turn the dongle off & on again, sometimes I just stop the dongle, minimize the screen & when I turn it back on the 3 screens are gone, even if I just keep my PC on all night, this isn't problematic right now since I'm still learning, anybody else experiencing this?

DB Gain

Post by DB Gain » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:11 pm

Keep at it I'm sure you'll get this working, however as stated above, for scanner use SDR# may be better suited. That being said, HDSDR has very low cpu and memory footprint than many other sdr control apps and runs wonderfully.