Running a dongle on a networked PC ?

Main forum to discuss RTL-SDR related topics.
rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Re: Running a dongle on a networked PC ?

Post by rtlsdrblog » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:34 am

hotpaw2 wrote:For my networked personal computer, I'm running a Raspberry Pi 3 with an RTL-SDR V.3 dongle. The Pi is near my antenna, and streaming IQ data using rtl_tcp over WiFi to my Mac and iPad down at the other end of the house. Depending on WiFi interference in the neighborhood (quite a lot), the signal does stutter at higher sample rates, but works well late at night.

For my iOS devices, nothing else was available, so I've coded my own SDR software completely in Swift 3, including all the filters, some demodulators for AM and FM, and some spectrum viewers. Doesn't look anywhere as nice or sophisticated as some of the PC SDR software available, but pretty much sounds just as good. Next step might be to hook this SDR code up to my apps, the HotPaw Morse Decoder (which can be found in the iOS and Mac App stores).
Nice any plans to put your app on the iOS store?

hotpaw2

Post by hotpaw2 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:08 pm

rtlsdrblog wrote:
hotpaw2 wrote:For my iOS devices, nothing else was available, so I've coded my own SDR software completely in Swift 3, including all the filters, some demodulators for AM and FM, and some spectrum viewers.
Nice any plans to put your app on the iOS store?
I've been working with at least one other developer who is developing a similar iPhone receiver app (for connecting to a Raspberry Pi 3 rtl_tcp server + RTL-SDR dongle). They could end up finishing their app and putting it in the iOS App store before mine is ready. Getting an app ready to put in the iOS app store includes lots of UI testing, writing user documentation, and possibly putting an rtl_tcp server somewhere in the cloud in case Apple's app review process requires connecting to one. Non-trivial, even after getting all the SDR code working.

Username

Post by Username » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:55 pm

If running windows, have you tried rdp?
dont work.

svbs1

Post by svbs1 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:14 pm

g8ina wrote:Sorted the deaf HF, Id not set the I/Q correctly.

Now Ive tried Teamviewer, worked OK, but very stuttery, even with everything limited to reduce bandwidth. Currently investigating other options including SDR-Radio.

Will report back, thanks again.

Zello APP for SDR

Friend greetings, I recommend following this tutorial
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10sDtf5oywY

From the phone, you can listen to any sound that is generated from your PC
, But to change the frequency of use of the Android teamviewer application and works perfect