rtl-sdr CHEAP

Main forum to discuss RTL-SDR related topics.
radiowaz

rtl-sdr CHEAP

Post by radiowaz » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:19 am

Normally I wouldn't pass along a sale like this but at this price how could you go wrong..
receivers - Brand New (from China of course) R820t ver 2 Not v3. (from what I hear the 2 is a little bit better than the 3 anyway.) There is a guy selling on ebay for $10.29 and that includes shipping. I have one and I love it. Works just great !!
I'm going to give link ( if this is something that should not be done ,, sorry.. please remove this post..
BTW I had to register a second time for some reason it would not take my original one (duffydue PW: doogiedog and email was mine.. no matter how many times I did it, it would not work.. so have another email..

[LINK REMOVED]

just wanted to let you know,, I love this site and did this same thing in the USAF for 4 years,, just can't break the habit !!! :D

radiowaz

Re: rtl-sdr CHEAP

Post by radiowaz » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:25 am

ps:: include small antenna, usb cable antenna base and of course the radio... IF it doesn't work don't screw around with Paypal (they are a joke anyway) or ebay (second joke of the day)to get your money back,,, just call your CC company and CX they payment to them.. I works ALOT better !

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Post by rtlsdrblog » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:12 am

I removed the link as this is almost certainly a scam. The cost is below the manufacturing price and the linked eBayer has little to no feedback.

Not sure if you're in on the scam too, but if you're not i'd say that you're unlikely to ever see the product.

radiowaz

Post by radiowaz » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:19 pm

NOt a scam as far as I can tell, I have one already and am purchasing a second one.. Maybe they are stolen (that a joke) :lol: but worst on worst is--- well there is not a bad side,, I spent 10.29 for one and works great, if for some reason I don't get the second one -- lets see I get my $10.29 back, or if it doesn't work, I get my money back and get to keep it (my credit card policy is if its not what you ordered you get a full refund from CC company and you get to keep what they did send you.. I don't know how you can loose.. I'll let you know in a couple of weeks.. think it says he has 10 left but by then they will be gone.. Or maybe I should buy them all and resell !!! ( if you do buy do not depend on Ebay or PayPal to help you, that IS a joke !! :shock:

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Post by rtlsdrblog » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:49 pm

Definitely a scam. We've already had several customers come back to us and say that they bought from that listing or a similar listing and eBay already refunded them.

We've also been in contact with eBay and they're investigating the guy and they've got a case with the police in the scammers country. Apparently they're close to shutting it down and similar scammers too.

He's a serial scammer on eBay doing this with multiple accounts.

radiowaz

Post by radiowaz » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:37 am

I guess I'll see soon enough, they have shipped (something !) should take about 4 weeks (so it says). First one took 7 weeks to get.

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Post by rtlsdrblog » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:59 am

Can I see a photo of exactly what you received with the first one?

radiowaz

Post by radiowaz » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:37 pm

same picture that was posted on the ebay site , antenna, base, usb cable and receiver.. BUT my new purchase has now been cx by ebay (no explanation ) and have refunded my money thru paypal. told me not to expect to receive anything from this person even though said he shipped.. so guess you were right and they have now shut him down.
While I've got you here maybe you can answer a question (or this whole thing may answer the question) I can not receive anything below 30mhz with HDSDR, will not tune it at all.. radio said up to 1.7ghz. but tuning will not go past 30 at all, just acts like its not there.. I'm going to try "sharp" in the next few days and see if it will. any suggestion??

bobasaurus

Post by bobasaurus » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:03 am

radiowaz wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:37 pm
same picture that was posted on the ebay site , antenna, base, usb cable and receiver.. BUT my new purchase has now been cx by ebay (no explanation ) and have refunded my money thru paypal. told me not to expect to receive anything from this person even though said he shipped.. so guess you were right and they have now shut him down.
While I've got you here maybe you can answer a question (or this whole thing may answer the question) I can not receive anything below 30mhz with HDSDR, will not tune it at all.. radio said up to 1.7ghz. but tuning will not go past 30 at all, just acts like its not there.. I'm going to try "sharp" in the next few days and see if it will. any suggestion??
That's approaching the lower limit of the dongle, I don't know if they work that low. I can tune to 30 MHz on mine, though (a nooelec nesdr mini). I'm using SDR#.

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Post by rtlsdrblog » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:14 am

radiowaz wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:37 pm
If it's a V3 or another one with direct sampling support, then you just need to enable the Q-branch direct sampling mode in the RTL-SDR settings. For a V3 see www.rtl-sdr.com/V3