Wintelive connecting to Linux server? (Tetra decoding)

Main forum to discuss RTL-SDR related topics.
Remon

Wintelive connecting to Linux server? (Tetra decoding)

Post by Remon » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:42 pm

I know I can decode Tetra with SDR# but I want to monitor more than 1 frequency simultaniously.

I have read that (win)telive can decode multiple Tetra frequencies at the same time. I also know there's a tutorial to install the Windows port. Problem in my case is that the RTL-SDR stick isn't connected to my Windows laptop. It's in a Raspberry Pi that streaming the IQ data over the network with rtl_tcp.

Which parts can I skip? I assume GNU Radio for Windows is not needed? What about M-SYS2? If I start wintelive it ask me to connect to GNU Radio.

Can I install GNU radio on my Raspberry Pi and connect wintelive.exe on my Windows laptop to it?

There are also plenty of tutorials how to install the Tetra decoder on Linux, but these also include the decoder and graphical interface itself.

Summary:

Which parts are needed on Linux and which on Windows to stream data over the network to decode Tetra on Windows without the use of SDR#.

Remon

Re: Wintelive connecting to Linux server? (Tetra decoding)

Post by Remon » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:22 pm

I have GNU Radio connected to my RTL_TCP server, it receives data, MSYS is running and receiving data, but it isn't strong enough for WinTelive to decode. I even played with the gain.

Remon

Post by Remon » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:01 pm

WinTelive is unstable, too complicated and can(in my case) only decode very strong signals with zero noise.

I'm glad I didn't give up looking for a solution. First I wanted to buy an extra RTL-SDR stick but I now got what I want with SDR# and RTL TCP Muxer. It's splitting up the stream into one with full control and one for listening only. I can decode 2 Tetra signals this way.

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Post by rtlsdrblog » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:53 am

I believe WinTelive uses the same decoding code as the plugin, so decoding quality should be identical.

But maybe SDR# has better DSP, resulting in better decodes.