rtl2832u dvb-t driver with win8.1

Main forum to discuss RTL-SDR related topics.
safetiii

rtl2832u dvb-t driver with win8.1

Post by safetiii » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:44 pm

Hi guys, I have a rtl2832u r820t dvb-t dongle. The dongle just arrived yesterday. I installed the original driver of the cd on my windows 8.1 laptop but it doesn't work with dvb-t programs. the driver appears correctly in device manager but the dongle doesn't get warm, I think there is a driver problem compatibility with windows 8.1, because the same dongle works great as dvb-t on my win7 pc. Has anyone found a solution? p.s. the dongle works perfect with SDR# :D

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Re: rtl2832u dvb-t driver with win8.1

Post by rtlsdrblog » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:55 pm

I'm not sure if there is a compatibility issues with Win 8.1, but sometimes Windows will automatically replace the DVB-T drivers that were installed from the CD with broken Windows ones within seconds of installing the good drivers. You need to turn off Windows automatic driver installation to stop this.

safetiii

Re: rtl2832u dvb-t driver with win8.1

Post by safetiii » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:36 pm

rtlsdrblog wrote:I'm not sure if there is a compatibility issues with Win 8.1, but sometimes Windows will automatically replace the DVB-T drivers that were installed from the CD with broken Windows ones within seconds of installing the good drivers. You need to turn off Windows automatic driver installation to stop this.
Thanks for answering me, I stopped windows automatic driver installation before to install this. It looks like the problem is the incompatibility with win8 and 8.1 , I found somewhere on the net that someone solved the problem by modifying the .inf file of the driver and disabling windows driver signature, but it doesnt explaiin how to do this. I found a post on another forum ( http://forum2.progdvb.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9344 ) but it is not really clear to me.