LevelMeter Plugin a piece of junk???

Main forum to discuss RTL-SDR related topics.
Murphy625

LevelMeter Plugin a piece of junk???

Post by Murphy625 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:39 pm

So I downloaded the SD Sharp level meter plugin.. I've downloaded other plugins as well and have gotten familiar with how to install them.

So anyhow, I downloaded the LevelMeter and no matter what frequency I tune, all it does is bounce the meter between S9, S9+3 and S9+6

I can tune the noisiest frequency I can find or a frequency so quiet I have to turn the volume up to hear the static, and the level meter shows the same thing.
Tried selecting Average, Peak, etc.. Tried playing with the smoothing controls as well.. it always shows the same thing.

Being a ham operator, I know it should show a far lower S reading on the higher frequencies like 144Mhz and a higher S meter reading on the lower and more noisy frequencies like the 40 meter band at 7.2Mhz.. and yet, it just shows the same thing over and over.

What's up with this? have I done something incorrect?

moonkrj

Re: LevelMeter Plugin a piece of junk???

Post by moonkrj » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:00 am

@Murphy625
doing my project
So I downloaded the SD Sharp level meter plugin.. I've downloaded other plugins as well and have gotten familiar with how to install them.

So anyhow, I downloaded the LevelMeter and no matter what frequency I tune, all it does is bounce the meter between S9, S9+3 and S9+6

I can tune the noisiest frequency I can find or a frequency so quiet I have to turn the volume up to hear the static, and the level meter shows the same thing.
Tried selecting Average, Peak, etc.. Tried playing with the smoothing controls as well.. it always shows the same thing.

Being a ham operator, I know it should show a far lower S reading on the higher frequencies like 144Mhz and a higher S meter reading on the lower and more noisy frequencies like the 40 meter band at 7.2Mhz.. and yet, it just shows the same thing over and over.

What's up with this? have I done something incorrect?
Hello,

I can't even install LevelMeter Plugin.. Facing this error all the time: Unable to load file or assembly "SDRSharp.LevelMeter" or one of its dependencies.
I have SDR#1637 and I have also copied both .dll and .xml files. What could be wrong?
Thanks

bmh

Re: LevelMeter Plugin a piece of junk???

Post by bmh » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:44 am

Just installed it. Same result. Not worth it in my opinion.