Capturing SSTV

Main forum to discuss RTL-SDR related topics.
ZL2BMH

Capturing SSTV

Post by ZL2BMH » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:10 am

Hello Everyone.

Just lately there has been a little movement in capturing SSTV from the Sats, in particular from ISS. I see there is another exercise this weekend using ISS. SSTV has been my main source of entertainment on the ham bands for 30 yrs at least, I suppose it's time to move out of the dark ages and into this so-called modern world. I have MMSSTV and Chromapix. I am using the excellent West Mountain interface ( oh god, the name eludes me, but at my advanced years I do have an excuse :roll: ) I would like to try for these ISS captures but I don't have 2 meters although I capture the weather sats on 137mhz so I should be able to squeeze out 144 with that. Is there an AO sat that you can hear SSTV on too? and perhaps make a quick contact but I have no idea how that would work.
So if anyone out there would like to help me, I would be very grateful. I have the rtl-sdr.com v3 Silver dongle with SDRSharp#. Using as an antenna the QHA with an LNA amp. which works fairly good.

Thank you all
Jim.

Username

Re: Capturing SSTV

Post by Username » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:18 pm

For the ISS you need an Antenna who follow the ISS or you have an peak an nothing elese.