is there a way to time-display pulses or alternatively stretch waterfall display

Main forum to discuss RTL-SDR related topics.
snn47

is there a way to time-display pulses or alternatively stretch waterfall display

Post by snn47 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:07 pm

I was looking for a way to display e.g. DME, TACAN transponder pulse(pairs). Using SDR# a dash of an DME or TACAN ID, which is about 640 ms long, is only shown as a very thin line in the waterfall diagram. Is there a way to stretch the waterfall resolution to show single DME or ADSB pulses or a way to show the pulses in time domain like in the attached picture below, I have not found away?

To give you an idea what I am looking for look at the two pictures taken with a spectrum analyser. A TACAN PAM across all transmitted pulses is in the top picture and a RPG with PAM across it in the lower picture.
Attachments
TACAN-PAM&RPG.png
TACAN-PAM&RPG.png (38.18 KiB) Viewed 710 times

JEL

Re: is there a way to time-display pulses or alternatively stretch waterfall display

Post by JEL » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:56 pm

I am not sure I understand your question, but in SDR# the "FFT Display" tab is where you adjust resolution and speeds of both the spectrum-display and the waterfall-display.