Validate bias tee is on

Main forum to discuss RTL-SDR related topics.
alanzfq

Re: Validate bias tee is on

Post by alanzfq » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:36 am

https://v3.airspy.us/ seems to have stock although I did not go right through to checkout.
The Chinese seller is out of stock of some models. "Due to high demand" which seems reasonable after their Black Friday. All sites look up to date to me.
I've no idea about their business situation but the products are good and popular.

But are you getting a replacement V3? There seems no reason another genuine one will be faulty.

Alan

qrp

Post by qrp » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:39 pm

you can use this EXTIO with HDSDR:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4710&start=20#p11796

If you use rtlsdr.dll which is included with this EXTIO, just open EXTIO dialog and you will see the current bias-tee state, also you can enable or disable it from EXTIO dialog, just with simple check/uncheck bias-tee checkbox.

Also you can check if bias-tee is enabled with DMM, just measure output voltage on SMA connector. If it's about 5V, then bias-tee is enabled, otherwise it is disabled (or not supported by your device).

vermamanu8

Post by vermamanu8 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:02 am

I'm trying to troubleshoot why I get no data from my GPS antenna. I feel confident all the software is configure as detailed in the GPS project in the Hobbyist's Guide vidmate insta save