Anyone tried one of these?

Main forum to discuss RTL-SDR related topics.
sacentre

Anyone tried one of these?

Post by sacentre » Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:25 am

Hi
Has anyone had any experience with this product? I'm thinking of getting one to use with SDR#. Any user experience with the product or the company would be very valuable. It's been a long time since I bought anything from the UK.

https://sdrgadgets.co.uk/universal/39-u ... -plus.html

TIA

Laseradio

Re: Anyone tried one of these?

Post by Laseradio » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:23 pm

Hi,
I live in the UK. I’ve looked at that website and can see no information about the company. No address, telephone number or company vat ID. I feel that you should not trade with them.
In my opinion...

alanzfq

Post by alanzfq » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:22 am

It is not an unknown company https://www.radioenthusiast.co.uk/news/ ... b-is-back/
But not too popular, it looks as if it just duplicates keyboard keys, a tuning know might be provided cheaper, Griffin?.

Alan

sacentre

Post by sacentre » Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:20 am

Thanks for the feedback. I contacted them hoping for a photo or two of the inside of one of their units to see what the build quality was like. They seem to be hand made which may or may not signify much. I might take a chance on one later but for now, I'm going to have a go at making one out of an old mouse. I have an enclosure and a large plastic knob which will be perfect for it. Once completed, I'll post some photos.

sacentre

Post by sacentre » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:24 am

I said I would post some photos of my home-brew USB, VFO tuning knob. I've now completed this and posted some photos in the User Projects forum.