OpenEar will be new software for listening to Voice and data of protocols(Tetra, DMR, MPT,...)

Show off any of your RTL-SDR or cheap SDR related projects.
moneriomaa

Re: OpenEar will be new software for listening to Voice and data of protocols(Tetra, DMR, MPT,...)

Post by moneriomaa » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:43 pm

you're welcome

thanks for attentions

for you question that witch source i used, this is some combination, some part in telive is python and i replaced that with my c++ codes, and rewrite others, i didn't see TSSDR but i check this in future days.

about using msvcr dlls its need to change compiling options that some library that i used like re-sampling or sound card handling maybe has conflict with together , but i try to fix this issue and i release static version that contains windows dlls

for demodulation notice that i used fixed demodulator, not burst demodulator, when power of signal changes after initialing demodulator, this Causes bad result, as i said i decide to change demodulator part and when i do that, some of problems about tuning or changing gain and weak signals be solved

saving the settings in closing, audio slider, and some another, yes i do that in next version...

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Re: OpenEar will be new software for listening to Voice and data of protocols(Tetra, DMR, MPT,...)

Post by rtlsdrblog » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:47 pm

The program is nice, but it came to my attention that you will need to address the licencing issue with your code. While i'm no software licencing expert I think it might be violating some licences.

First I think that any code using librtlsdr must be open source with code released in the first place. You can probably get around that by asking people to provide the rtlsdr.dll themselves, or proving an install script - see how SDR# does it.

Also if you rewrote other peoples GPL code in another language, I don't think that makes it a new work. It's still subject to the same GPL licence, which means that the code must be released as GPL too.

Perhaps if you clean room rewrote it, then it might be excusable, but I don't think that happened?

So i'd urge you to rethink and research the licencing around your project before it gets taken down, or you get sued by the licence owners etc.

I recall seeing similar issues in the past with other software and it doesn't usually end well.

moneriomaa

Post by moneriomaa » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:59 am

thanks
i'm no software licencing expert too, but I dont think it might be violating licences.
i have some reason
2^2+2^2=8 and pow(2,2)+pow(2,2)=8 first in matlab and second on c++ if some one write first i cant write second?
if there is, i write average function and said this is open sourced and no body can use this, Complexity or simplicity is a relative issue, so we can generalize this to the following...
OMG where we are going? please
if i use source of open sourced project ok anyone can goes to their opensource code too and download and used them
and if write codes i cant share my codes to any one cause I'm not allowed to do that, open source project owner force to me for release codes that they not owner of them, i spend much time with team that maybe dont allow me to release their code. changes is for me not others, but this is not commercial software, it is free! i dont now what they want

i cant understand why they force me to be open sourced? they can decide for own codes not for others!
when you convert java code to c++ code you spend time and if any one force you to be opensource this like that their decide for your time! nobody can do that.
in my mind two option can happened, opensource or not opensource, open source with license? is this Trap?!
their codes is not objective (one decoder at time) my code is objective and you can use of concurrent decoders without limits,
is rtl.dll open sourced? i only use dll i have not their codes.
for me nothing happened if i remove openear from github but this is like dark point when this let others can use free software but they dont let, when you said opensource please be opensource
I don't know what they are looking for. Maybe they want to find something they don't specialize in.
i correct readme file maybe better for some ones

i will keep going and expand this to adding other protocols, and upload dmr added version in next two days

thanks a lot
Last edited by moneriomaa on Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

hamradionl

Post by hamradionl » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:27 am

i think its all about the rtlsdr.dll in your zip file simply remove the rtlsdr.dll out of your zip.
In your readme txt file write a line of txt where to download rtlsdr.dll or write that user copy or use the rtlsdr.dll file from there SDR# map. You able to move on without discussion, sometime need to be creative thinking.
Last edited by hamradionl on Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Post by rtlsdrblog » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:34 am

If you're unsure i'd suggest consulting with a software lawyer. GPL licencing can be complicated, but i'm fairly certain that simply rewriting osmo-tetra in another language doesn't mean that you can ignore the licence.

We're not affiliated with Osmocom, so I have no idea if they would bother to pursue litigation (or if it would even be possible in your country), but i'd hate to see your hard work go to waste, and at the same time i'd hate for their rights to be infringed.

hamradionl

Post by hamradionl » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:40 am

@moneriomaa
ETSI tetra is fully open source, you able to find the whole code on there ETSI page (big book lots of text)
All other coders including AOR used this book to write there own code.
https://www.etsi.org/ search for tetra

moneriomaa

Post by moneriomaa » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:24 am

my problem that their code is not objective and in programming side is not clean coding, contains of some hundreds of functions in Dozens of files, and mixed of python and c i analyse all of codes and remove python part and find and design c++ demodulator part, changes thousands line of codes and result a clean objective code that you can use huge features by only 4 line of coding

CTetraDecoder Decoder;
Decoder.init(...);
Decoder.Decode(...);
Decoder.Release(...);

think this scenario, they have sponsors or any gain or goal that i don't now about this, OK they write some not generally usable code and said this has GPL licencing, then some one improve it and now their can use all of this features, no that's not fair

how many people can run osmo-tera (with hundreds of minutes for initialing setup for run) and how many run openear by double clicking?

anyway I'm not bored to talk to these people
probably i add dmr tomorrow and disable tetra decoding (this is not meant that i accepted that this is their code but remove parts that they are origin with their codes )
in my codes three parts is there : 1-demodulator, 2-decoedr , 3-vocoder

part 1,3 fully is my own codes part 1 is my project about 8psk demodulators that i changed again this to pi/4DQPSK by calculating difference of current symbol by last symbol and mapping to bits, part 3 is vocoder that i write it fully from itu
only part 2 that i will removed and spend time to implement again or another really open sourced not only in name.

moneriomaa

Post by moneriomaa » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:52 am

hamradionl wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:40 am
@moneriomaa
ETSI tetra is fully open source, you able to find the whole code on there ETSI page (big book lots of text)
All other coders including AOR used this book to write there own code.
https://www.etsi.org/ search for tetra
thanks for your attention
no body can use their codes with no reading tetra pdf, i read huge part of en_30039202v020302p.pdf
only takes me one or two months
no problem some people no more attention needed
thanks

n1kk

Post by n1kk » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:39 am

Will in the future APCO P25 I and II be added?

Thank you,
Ken

moneriomaa

Post by moneriomaa » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:51 am

you're welcome
let me see current state of decoders that work on this protocols
i answer you in few days