OpenEar will be new software for listening to Voice and data of protocols(Tetra, DMR, MPT,...)

Show off any of your RTL-SDR or cheap SDR related projects.
Username

Re: OpenEar will be new software for listening to Voice and data of protocols(Tetra, DMR, MPT,...)

Post by Username » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:34 pm

:D I could "donate" some encrypt Stuff if you want?

moneriomaa

Re: OpenEar will be new software for listening to Voice and data of protocols(Tetra, DMR, MPT,...)

Post by moneriomaa » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:31 pm

Username wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:34 pm
:D I could "donate" some encrypt Stuff if you want?
thanks, but i think Decrypt option don't need Donation
cause it is not free version (and it is "limited number of user" version of course) :D

Username

Post by Username » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:30 pm

:lol: you sayes you need some dsd recording from a hytera radio. I just have some other brands who get used here.

moneriomaa

Post by moneriomaa » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:50 pm

i got it, thanks
you can send me if you like, some BP recorded other brands and i sent you Decrypted :)
for hytera i need for processing them

Username

Post by Username » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:16 pm

:D I dont need them to be decrypt its more for trainings purpose.

hellfire

Post by hellfire » Sat May 02, 2020 10:22 pm

Is this possible to run this software on Linux?

Tried "wine OpenEar.exe" (with rtlsdr.dll from https://osmocom.org/attachments/downloa ... ebInfo.zip )
but unsuccessfully - both 32 and 64 bit version cause unhandled exception because page fault

If you need help with debugging, porting or just that exception details - let me know

hamradionl

Post by hamradionl » Sat May 30, 2020 11:46 pm

This project still alive or gone?

Ubbe

Post by Ubbe » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:19 am

Hi. Some notes:

The Pocsag mode seems to use +/-6,25KHz bandwidth. The systems I have all use a 25Khz channel at +/-12,5KHz
Your NFM mode are actual using a standard FM 25Khz channel at a +/-12,5KHz bandwidth. So perhaps rename to FM.
The gain setting doesn't seem to go to max gain when using a rtl-sdr dongle. It's not enough signal gain compared to SDR#.
The spectrums red marking of the signal bandwidth seems to be off frequency. The grey marking seems to be accurate.
The ppm value needs to be set to -7 but in SDR# I use -1 ppm. Could it be that OpenEar use 1/10 of a ppm as increments.

/Ubbe

moneriomaa

Post by moneriomaa » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:05 pm

Hi, Thanks for notes

"The Pocsag mode seems to use +/-6,25KHz bandwidth. The systems I have all use a 25Khz channel at +/-12,5KHz"
as i know the bandwidth of pocsag is 9khz and using 12khz filter maybe enough for better noise filtering, in spectrum we see sides then it seem it wider of 9khz (fsk modulation) but for demodulator enough about 9kHz, although for user maybe better mote bandwidth for easier clicking, i increased it to 12.5 khz in new version from 9khz in previous version
but i can change it to 25khz if it is better for usage

"Your NFM mode are actual using a standard FM 25Khz channel at a +/-12,5KHz bandwidth. So perhaps rename to FM."
currently filter bandwidth is not variable i choose NFM for under 32khz ( if remember correctly sdrsharp max nfm is 32khz )
for each name or selecting all time maybe some different opinion here :)

"The gain setting doesn't seem to go to max gain when using a rtl-sdr dongle. It's not enough signal gain compared to SDR#."
maybe it is for other gains state that exist on rtl-device but i will check it and compare

"The spectrum red marking of the signal bandwidth seems to be off frequency. The grey marking seems to be accurate."
yes there is little issue (when your are zooming but not in max zoom outed state) when i zoom some shifting i saw i try to solve this calculation index on painting

"The ppm value needs to be set to -7 but in SDR# I use -1 ppm. Could it be that OpenEar use 1/10 of a ppm as increments."
as like gain i check it and try to solve
Last edited by moneriomaa on Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

moneriomaa

Post by moneriomaa » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:07 pm

hamradionl wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 11:46 pm
This project still alive or gone?
Hi
it is alive :)
Now you can download version 1.6.0