OpenEar will be new software for listening to Voice and data of protocols(Tetra, DMR, MPT,...)

Show off any of your RTL-SDR or cheap SDR related projects.
moneriomaa

Re: OpenEar will be new software for listening to Voice and data of protocols(Tetra, DMR, MPT,...)

Post by moneriomaa » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:16 pm

GregerG wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:30 am
Hi there!
Just tried 1.6.0 and wanted to give my input.
TETRA works fine for me, don't have to off center anything, always click on the center of signal and it starts decoding voice just fine.
However it's sometimes hard clicking on the exact center, two pixels off and it won't decode - really need an AFC function here as the spectrum/waterfall is fixed at 1MHz bandwidth, at least 2MHz and 0.5MHz option would be nice to have in addition.
Also gain adjustment for LNA gain and VGA gain would be really useful (and Mixer gain too if possible).
A selected frequency display is a must, it doesn't show which frequency it's centered on.
(oh I just noticed there's a (too) small text next to the cursor in the spectrum, but not the waterfall)
Changing the frequency with the scroll wheel by hovering over the digit you want to change is also a must.

Also, the x64 doesn't start on Win 7 x64 (but the x86 version does). Get an "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)" error.

Otherwise I want to thank you for your time and effort, it's much appreciated - I'm sure it'll be a really nice piece of software if you keep adding protocols and features.
Cheers!
//Greg.
Hi
thanks for your suggestion
yes afc needed or better demodulator needed
about 2 mhz and 500 khz some correction and improvement needed for higher sample rate
about windows seven error i did not see but some user said that waterfal painting is not working and i trying to solve that
you're welcome
i try to improve performance and UI in future releases

moneriomaa

Re: OpenEar will be new software for listening to Voice and data of protocols(Tetra, DMR, MPT,...)

Post by moneriomaa » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:18 pm

lew247 wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:08 pm
moneriomaa
Just a couple of comments
in the UK
Pocsag = 25Khz bandwidth not 12.5Khz which I believe you are using at the moment
I suspect most of Europe is the same
DMR channels are 12.5Khz bandwidth not 25Khz
NFM channels are 12.5Khz bandwidth not 25Khz

You might want to change them on the next version

Also when you click on a memory channel it goes to the centre of the waterfall where the DC Spike is
This is bad as it doesn't receive properly there
Is there a way for you to make the memory channel appear NOT in the centre of the waterfall?
Hi
thanks for your attention
i try to add variable filter BW in next releases to solve BW default problem
for change center of signal in memory, ok i try to add some parameter with user defined value to shift from center when user click on channel

moneriomaa

Post by moneriomaa » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:20 pm

glennblum wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:22 pm
So far the POCSAG working well on my Windows 10 system with NooElec NESDR SMARtee dongles. My suggestion if you really want this to sail off world wide is to add support for ACARS, VDL2 and Flex paging.
i try to add those protocols in future some of them is ready 80%! but i am little busy to complete them
in free time i try to test and debug them and adding them to OpenEar

moneriomaa

Post by moneriomaa » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:22 pm

sdrfan wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:07 pm
OK I am quite impressed even with the manual scanning type option if you hold down the up and down buttons so an auto scanning option would be great. Atm when you launch it goes back to full screen each time guess that will be fixed ? DMR working well looking forward to future updates, great work !
good idea
i try to do this on next releases (i list user suggestion and i will add them in suitable time)

moneriomaa

Post by moneriomaa » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:32 pm

alexradio01 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:34 pm
Well, I think you saw my post in comments on github.
But, I would like to duplicate it again here:
If you need dPMR trunk traffic - I can get the recorded IQ on sdrsharp, and send it you, may be on e-mail. (Say me YES! :lol: )
It would be great if openear could receive information (such as UID, TGID, system number?) and voice from the dPMR traffic backbone
Now, today I do not know that any software can decode dPMR on Windows. so, many like DSD+, but it not decode voice and data of dPMR. Your project may be the first at this point!
And, If a LOG file is added for network information (UID, TGID and other, maybe in txt format) and an audio recording decoded signal in wav or mp3 then your project will be definitely far ahead :-)
sorry, some times i'm late on reply to email and forum ( some time fast ;))
thanks for dpmr record i sure use your help in future to adding dpmr
about more info about traffic yes, adding them is in plan
recording voice out will be added in near future

moneriomaa

Post by moneriomaa » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:35 pm

There is short video about version of OpenEar with BP key detection and decryption capabilities
(currently Motorola + Vertex series are supported)
OpenEar Enc

moneriomaa

Post by moneriomaa » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:57 pm

version 1.7.0
- NXDN48 support
- NXDN96 support
- dPmr support
- audio input (dmr/nxdn48/nxdn96/dpmr/pocsag)
- audio output saving
- audio output select
- squelch for audio output
- changing waterfall paint procedure for freezing issue

VK4KGG

Post by VK4KGG » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:25 am

Having trouble getting audio out of V1.7.0
Open Ear v1.6.0 works great but I can not get audio out of v1.7.0.

After unzipping Open Ear v1.7.0 I copied files not already in the Open Ear V 1.7.0 folder from my open Ear v 1.6.0 folder without overwriting any new files. This got my RTL SDR v3 device working.

RTL SDR USB device selected under SOURCE.
Tuned to local FM broadcast station with signal visible in spectrum and waterfall
Volume up and not muted in OpenEar v1.7.0 and computer
Speakers selected in OUTPUT of Open Ear v1.7.0

SOURCE SETTINGS
Gain up full
PPM set
Squelch unchecked

OUTPUT SETTINGS
Speakers selected
PS for some reason my output devices are listed 3 times!!!

REQUESTS for consideration Please...

Labeling of frequency and step boxes values eg FREQUENCY (MHz) STEP (Mhz)
Ability to shrink spectrum height (ie move the border between Spectrum and waterfall freely)
Ability to SORT Frequency list by FREQUENCY (OR for it to automatically sort by frequency before saving)

Thanks for a great program

Graham.

moneriomaa

Post by moneriomaa » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:54 pm

you're welcome
yes there is little changes on start up of version 1.6.0 and 1.7.0
on 1.6.0 it selects default voice out of windows then user can not change the out put device on openear settings
but in version 1.7.0 the first device in playback list is selected for openear default voice out and user can change it
user must select suitable option on Output section and also set this selected device on windows default playback
in sound settings of windows

moneriomaa

Post by moneriomaa » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:14 pm

Labeling of frequency and step boxes values eg FREQUENCY (MHz) STEP (Mhz)
Ability to shrink spectrum height (ie move the border between Spectrum and waterfall freely)
Ability to SORT Frequency list by FREQUENCY (OR for it to automatically sort by frequency before saving)

I will try to add in the next versions