Page 1 of 1

LimeSDR and speed update in SDRConsole

Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:00 pm
by jmaurin
Hi.

I just received my LimeSDR mini and I'm trying to make it works, but is not fine....it work, but only with slow bandwidth.
I'm trying with SDRConsole v3 (just downloaded, latest version) and latest USB drivers availabled from Wiki. The software and reception itself works, but only with small bandwidth. If I select 10Mhz or more, it get veeeeryyyy slow.....in 30Mhz, the screen refersh is about 1/sec.

I'm using LimeSDR Mini direct pluged into USB 3.0 port (without extension) and I don't think i't's my PC problem (in terms of performance), since it's an i7 7th generation 7700K (4.3Ghz) with 32GB/RAM, 520Gb NvME HDD + Nvidia GTX 1080.
Also, my processor load is about 14% and GPU 2%.
I" not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Re: LimeSDR and speed update in SDRConsole

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:27 am
by rtlsdrblog
I have similar specs to you and get this problem too sometimes. It usually fixes itself after pressing stop and then start again with the larger bandwidth selected. When working fine I can run smoothly up to 50 MHz.

Re: LimeSDR and speed update in SDRConsole

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:58 pm
by jmaurin
For me is always like this :(

A good tutorial for (basic) use with any other software is welcome! :shock:

Re: LimeSDR and speed update in SDRConsole

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:16 pm
by rtlsdrblog
I think SDR-Console V3 is the only one working with the Mini at the moment.

I tried SDRAngel before, but it's not supported yet. Hopefully it will be soon.

Re: LimeSDR and speed update in SDRConsole

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:50 am
by HighSNR
I cant the LimeSDRmini to work on anything but the LimeSuiteGUI. I have tried 3 different computers and both Ubuntu and Windows. The big Lime-USB works fine on all.

I have posted my issues on the myriadrf forum, but have totally run out of things to try.

https://discourse.myriadrf.org/t/proble ... ni/2394/57

Re: LimeSDR and speed update in SDRConsole

Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:53 am
by rtlsdrblog
On Windows are you using the default drivers or zadigs WinUSB?

Apparently for SW like SDRAngel you need to install the drivers with Zadig. But last time I tried SDRAngel did not yet support the Mini anyway. Using zadig on the regular LimeSDR works though.

But SDR Console V3 uses the default drivers and won't work if you've installed the WinUSB drivers.

It's all very messed up still, I hope they put effort into software support soon.

Re: LimeSDR and speed update in SDRConsole

Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:23 am
by HighSNR
I am using the FTDI drivers. Windows finds and downloads them them automatically.

The more tests I do the more I think that my unit it a lemon. I have tried a friends Lime-Mini on the same FW version and drivers and it works(well mostly).