NOAA IQ recordings

Talk about other SDR products like the FunCube, HackRF, BladeRF etc.
Baralabite

NOAA IQ recordings

Post by Baralabite » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:22 am

G'day,

I've got a HackRF and I've just built a v dipole antenna trying to receive a NOAA downlink. The purpose for this is I'm teaching a class to a group of students tomorrow on rf stuff, and I was hoping to show them how to receive the NOAA images. Unfortunately there are no satellite passes during that time - so I'm trying to record something tonight. I havent got anything yet.

I'm going to keep trying my end, but short of success, does anyone have any raw iq recordings that I could download. My hope is to set up an rtl sdr dongle and hackrf inside a Faraday cage, and transmit a recorded NOAA signal from my hackrf, which we can pick up using the rtl sdr. Low power of course.

Cheers,

John

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Re: NOAA IQ recordings

Post by rtlsdrblog » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:24 am

If you can't find a raw IQ file (which would be quite a large file), I think you'd be fine with going to YouTube, recording the audio of someone who recorded a full pass as a wav file, and then transmitting that with a HackRF.

There's also some recordings available on the SatNOGS database https://db.satnogs.org, but now raw IQ.