SDR for 802.11ac with 160 MHz channel

Talk about other SDR products like the FunCube, HackRF, BladeRF etc.
oleg_sdr

SDR for 802.11ac with 160 MHz channel

Post by oleg_sdr » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:58 pm

Hello,

Do you know any SDR devices or frontends capable of 160 MHz (or more) for RX channel bandwidth? I need to implement 802.11ac processing with all channels supported.

I've checked all popular SDR devices and frontends and they're capable of 10-54 MHz bandwidth, not more.

Thanks in advance.

tim_rtd

Re: SDR for 802.11ac with 160 MHz channel

Post by tim_rtd » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:45 am

Oleg, a fun question... I would say no, there isn't any over the counter stuff to be used as a receiver to do 802.11ac. " cheap",
Other than a current high end Mimo router available in the $200 range. I currently happen to be involved in this topic as a tangent.
There is a website/forum on the web dedicated to 802.11ac. You may have already been there.
For all practical purposes 160mhz contiguous signal is illegal in the U.S. There are schemes in which (2) 80Mhz signals "separated by some channels is evolving. This has something to do with the 5G band interference with local and 20mile away distance radar sites. The forum states the chips in use today, 1st sense if radar is present on the channel. If so, the code in the device driver will blacklist that ch from use for a period of time.......your gui router app may not even be smart enough to tell you. Mine looks like I've bricked the transmitter for awhile, about 30 minutes..
I'm sure your probably in Europe and I'm sure it exists somewhere over there somewhere but seems pressure exists to do an 80/80 thing. A single 80mhz ch is the typical norm today everywhere.. That still leaves you out of any off the shelf items. ..... Now if you've got money.........that's another story.