broken antenna

Discuss commercial and home made antennas.
aurgathor

broken antenna

Post by aurgathor » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:30 am

The top of the included "23cm to 1m telescopic antenna" broke off after the second section-- is there an exact replacement available somewhere? (part number or link)

Looking at eBay, comparable antennas are available from around $1.50 apiece, but the 1 m long antennas utilize 7 section vs. 5 for the rtl-sdr antenna, and the screw at the end appears to be smaller.

This is what I'm talking about: https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/nxkAAOSw ... s-l500.jpg

The outside diameter of the rtl-sdr antenna screw is 4.95 mm. ( = 5 mm)

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Re: broken antenna

Post by rtlsdrblog » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:26 am

Did the antenna break on it's own (manufacturing defect), or simply by carelessness? I'm of course happy to replace any that were already broken.

For a general replacement, i'm sorry but we don't sell the individual parts by themselves as it would cost too much in fixed costs to sell a small number of individual parts like that, but we do have spare antenna sets for sale on the store (www.rtl-sdr.com/store). I don't think anyone else would sell the same antenna parts as our antenna is custom made. But if you can find an M5 telescopic antenna, that should fit.