Dual V-Dipole

Discuss commercial and home made antennas.
njrusty

Dual V-Dipole

Post by njrusty » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:53 pm

Built a V-Dipole antenna for NOAA and Meteor and was getting great NOAA reception but Meteor images would be great but only getting image south of my location. Once the satellite passed overhead the nothing would show up on image...just black. I thought then, why not build a dual v-dipole with 2 east rods connected together and the 2 west rods connect together.

Of course, now all NOAA images are very noisy and Meteor cannot obtain (SDRsharp). Verified solid connections and resolder the antenna rods. Any help would be appreciated!!!

HighSNR

Re: Dual V-Dipole

Post by HighSNR » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:51 pm

I would love to help, but it's difficult with the information provided. I don't personally have any experience with the NOAA or Meteor systems, so it's hard to make recommendations.

The reason it only works in one direction could be due to interference coming from the direction of interest.

It sounds like your modification to the ’v dipole’ has made it worse. I can't comment on this, or the likely performance of the original v dipole without pictures and drawings.

There are potentially lots of things you can try to improve things. Such as filters, baluns, LNAs or different antennas.

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Re: Dual V-Dipole

Post by rtlsdrblog » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:00 am

Can you show a picture of what you've done with the two dipoles? From your description, I don't think what you're doing would actually help, it would just make things worse actually.