Missing RTL-SDR (USB) selection in SDR-RADIO def. setup

Need help installing or figuring out something about your SDR? Ask here.
DEWilkison

Missing RTL-SDR (USB) selection in SDR-RADIO def. setup

Post by DEWilkison » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:38 pm

I am having problems with the SDR-Radio software Version 2.2. I have a Nooele SDR module with the R820T chip. This is a first time use. When I use Zadig all seems well in setup of the USB portion. When I download SDR-Radio it comes up with the "radio definitions" window. Problem is the "RTL-SDR (USB)" selection is not there. Only the "RTL-UTC (USB)" selection exists.

What am I doing wrong. The quick start guide shows it and I believe it is what my module needs.
Thanks

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Re: Missing RTL-SDR (USB) selection in SDR-RADIO def. setup

Post by rtlsdrblog » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:34 pm

Did you follow step 9 of the SDR-RADIO quickstart guide? The RTL-SDR selection won't show unless you have those .dll's in the right folder.

DEWilkison

Post by DEWilkison » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:35 pm

THANKS much. Step 9 was not done. I did not see the location where the files needed to be placed.
It works great. I appreciate you help. Keep up the support this is a great product.

Firepsych

Post by Firepsych » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:52 am

I'm having the exact same problem, but with SDRsharp. I don't see any instructions re: dlls in a specific folder. Anyone help with this one?

Never mind, deleted files then reinstalled. This time found the USB option and all is well.

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Post by rtlsdrblog » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:39 pm

Firepsych wrote:I'm having the exact same problem, but with SDRsharp. I don't see any instructions re: dlls in a specific folder. Anyone help with this one?

Never mind, deleted files then reinstalled. This time found the USB option and all is well.
Yup, SDR# comes with everything you need, there should be no need to install .dlls. Sounds like you had an older version without RTL-SDR support.