RTL-SDR Dongle Bad how due i get it replaced

Need help installing or figuring out something about your SDR? Ask here.
boatanchors66

RTL-SDR Dongle Bad how due i get it replaced

Post by boatanchors66 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:52 pm

I just recently bought a RTL-SDR and got it installed but the receive has a bad problem even on my external 265 foot 80M full wave Loop antenna. No matter where I tune the noise never changes. I'd like to get my RTL-SDR replaced but am not sure how or who to talk to about doing so. Help

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Re: RTL-SDR Dongle Bad how due i get it replaced

Post by rtlsdrblog » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:33 am

Contact the shop you bought it from, if you bought it from us then its rtlsdrblog_AT_gmail_DOT_com.

But it would be nice if you could also explain the problem, and what steps you've taken, and maybe we can fix it.

boatanchors66

Post by boatanchors66 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:28 pm

Hello rtlsdrblog and thank you for getting back with me. I purchased mine from amazon as I didn't know of the RTL-SDR store. I bought the RTL-SDR Blog R820T2 RTL2832U 1PPM TCXO SMA Software Defined Radio V3 (Dongle Only).. Mine is working fine on 1.800mhz and 3.800mhz but when I go up to 7.000mhz I am getting a constant noise no matter where I tune on 7mhz. I thought maybe it was due to my antenna being tuned for 1.8mhz and not tuned for 7mhz, So I put up a hald wave dipole for 7mhz and I still have the same problem. I haven't tried tuning above 7mhz to see if I still have the same problem but I will try dong so later on tonight and will let you know.. Thanks for the fast reply

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Post by rtlsdrblog » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:49 am

I think the noise you're seeing is most likely to be local interference from some nearby electronics. Adding filtering should help that. Or try turning stuff off in your house and see if it goes away.

DB Gain

Post by DB Gain » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:13 pm

It may be overloading on strong in and out of band signals. Do you have an antenna tuner or preselector to use in line with the rtl?