limited recption

Need help installing or figuring out something about your SDR? Ask here.
radiowaz

limited recption

Post by radiowaz » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:27 am

This dongle is the one that receives to 1.7ghz but I can't even tune past 30mhz .. using HDSDR. between 0hz and 30 there is not problem (unless you are not to get am broadcast at 27mhz, they id them selfs as all the stations in the am band)
When I get to 28.000.000 tuner just goes back to 0mhz. where is the airband, where is 2 meters and 440 etc etc??? Its a RTL 2838 UHDI.. If someone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it muchly.. am going to try and install "sharp" tonight or tomorrow and see if that makes any difference.. Computer is 4ghz 8ghz ram, 3 different antenna all full wave 20 meter, 40 meter and 80 meter (I was a ham AA0OI but got burnt out on it)(did this same thing in the AF but didn't have to work on the program ?, radio? or what ever..
Please let me know,, Tnx Garrett

tim_rtd

Re: limited recption

Post by tim_rtd » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:59 pm

My first impression is that your in direct sampling mode which is meant for <30Mhz receive mode.
I think your using EXTIO_RTL2832.dll to select the dongle. Disable the direct sample in the EXTIO popup.

radiowaz

Re: limited recption

Post by radiowaz » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:08 am

boy , that was easy,, I'm getting old and all this crap just slips thru my brain cells,, I can't wait to dribble water from a glass as I drink, and have a constant diet of oatmeal, and poop in a bag..
But really ,, thank you very much for answering my question,, will let you know how I do..
TNX CUL Garrett