Big problem whit SDR# software

Need help installing or figuring out something about your SDR? Ask here.
MunteanuRO

Big problem whit SDR# software

Post by MunteanuRO » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:39 pm

Hy, first sorry for my english, second --this is my problem

I have a Intel E5700 CPU, 4GB RAM, whit video card system runing Win 7 X64
My RTL-SDR unit is a chinese branded '100KHZ-1GHZ UV RTL.SDR' works fine on HDSDR,SODIRA,etc
the CPU level is always ok..but whit SDR# program when i select the RTL-SDR device from drop box
the arrow from the mouse blocks each movement and freezes for a few seconds when i want to move it
on software screen even windows desktop... this problem persist even the SDR is OFF

m_a_x

Re: Big problem whit SDR# software

Post by m_a_x » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:19 pm

I had a similar problem with SDR# when i used a usb hub for mouse and keyboard. This might not be related to your problem but try to move the mouse on another port.

MunteanuRO

Post by MunteanuRO » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:36 pm

Tryed but whitout succes , my SDR# keeping freezing, tryed even to use the old mouse conector
via adapter, and swap dongle to others pc ports

bobasaurus

Post by bobasaurus » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:30 pm

Just posted the same answer on another thread, but it might apply here too:

It might be the speed of your computer limiting things. SDR# is not nearly as efficient as HDSDR on older machines. If it sounds choppy and you're seeing a full core of CPU loading (25% for quad-core, 50% for dual-core, etc), your computer can't keep up with processing.

EvertHarley

Post by EvertHarley » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:02 pm

Hi,
I have some problems too with my RTL SDR it comes with 0.30 kHz up to 1.7 ghz......... purchased in China

My system is a HP LPT EliteBook Intel i7 cpu / 8 gb ram / video Intel R Graphics 4000/ and works under Windows 10 pro

The problem is that the software doesn't recocnise the SDR and it says "no device selected" only in dropbox when i sellect Funcube Dongle Pro+ it works but there's no reception or the receiver has no signals :(

Please help !!

Thank you
Evert

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Post by rtlsdrblog » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:49 pm

EvertHarley wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:02 pm
Hi,
I have some problems too with my RTL SDR it comes with 0.30 kHz up to 1.7 ghz......... purchased in China

My system is a HP LPT EliteBook Intel i7 cpu / 8 gb ram / video Intel R Graphics 4000/ and works under Windows 10 pro

The problem is that the software doesn't recocnise the SDR and it says "no device selected" only in dropbox when i sellect Funcube Dongle Pro+ it works but there's no reception or the receiver has no signals :(

Please help !!

Thank you
Evert
Did you follow the quickstart guide at www.rtl-sdr.com/QSG?