Drivers

Need help installing or figuring out something about your SDR? Ask here.
td1622

Drivers

Post by td1622 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:20 pm

OK, I am sorry, I am not familiar with electronics and computers, I have a real bad back with four torn disks and a few pinched nerves and I must take very strong medicine all day and it keeps me a little dumber then I really am ... I need someone to walk me through changing my drivers so my new R820T works, I want to be able to listen to all sorts of radio am/fm police calls fire and train but also I would like to be able to track airplanes. I am not sure what software I need I have downloaded SDR# but it won't run I get the msg "1 compatible devices have been found but all are busy" I don't know how to fix it, I have the feeling it is the drivers and I don't know how to delete the old ones and install new ones, what are they called? where would I find them?? I really need someone to walk me through this ... thanks so much!!!

td1622

Re: Drivers

Post by td1622 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:00 pm

ok,well I figured out the fix after many hours and it was delete everything and start all over and it worked .... well for a few hours anyway ... I must have changed something and now I don't get a clear signal lots of hissing and generally poor signal quality .... does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this??? I don't want to have to down load it over and over is there a setting I need to adjust???

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Re: Drivers

Post by rtlsdrblog » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:36 pm

Did you perhaps change the RF gain in the configure menu (cog icon)?