Getting software to finish setup ?

Need help installing or figuring out something about your SDR? Ask here.
KD0CAC

Getting software to finish setup ?

Post by KD0CAC » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:19 pm

I am trying to get a couple of systems operating SDR
A Windows dual core , running 7 , trying to get a dongle working and using HDSDR , I downloaded HDSDR - Zadig & ExIO_RT2832.DLL ,
where I am stuck is the instructions say to " copy ExIO and put in the register for HDSDR " I do know how to proceed , copy & put register ?

Next is Nexus 7 1st gen. , I rooted for use of USB OTG & have cable adaptor , down loaded RFAnalyzer for HackerRF , downloaded AndroZip , unzipped RFAnalyzer , and that is where I am stuck get the app to finish setting up ?

I got the package from NooElec NESDR Mini 2+ 0.5PPM TCXO USB RT , Ham it up v1.2 RF Upconverter - noise source kit for upconverter , alum. enclosures for both and cables , adaptors for all .

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Re: Getting software to finish setup ?

Post by rtlsdrblog » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:15 pm

What tutorial instructions are you using? It seems to be in broken English. I think they mean:

Copy the ExtIO_RTL2832U.dll file into the HDSDR install folder which is by default set to C:\Program Files (x86)\HDSDR.

We have a install tutorial for HDSDR here too: http://www.rtl-sdr.com/rtl-sdr-quick-start-guide/, below the SDR# and troubleshooting guide.

For your Nexus, i'm not sure what you've done so far, but you need to install the APK on your Android system after unzipping it. Usually all you need to do is open the APK on Android and it will start installing. Though, you might need to first disable some app settings which prevent third party installs. The easier way is to just go to the Play store and pay the $1 for it there.

On Android you also need to install Martin Marinov's RTL2832U driver which is also on the Play store, but for free: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... _tcp_andro.

KD0CAC

Post by KD0CAC » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:33 am

I was using the install info from this site , but just going by memory ,
" Copy the ExtIO_RTL2832U.dll file into the HDSDR install folder which is by default set to C:\Program Files (x86)\HDSDR. "
The above is what I do not know how to do ?

With the Nexus 7 , I download Martins drivers .
Now I did as you mention APK , and now the app comes up , but does not connect to , or I click on the arrow / Play button and I get a popup saying " source not available [ HackRF ] ?
Thanks for the help .

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Post by rtlsdrblog » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:16 am

You just need to copy and paste or drag and drop the .dll file you've downloaded into the HDSDR folder, it's a basic Windows operation. E.g. Open the folder where you've downloaded the Extio .dll file, then go to Start -> Computer -> Double click on C: drive (or whatever letter your main hard drive is) -> Double Click on Program Files (x86) -> Double click on the HDSDR folder, then drag and drop the .dll file into that folder.

I havn't used RFAnalyzer before, only SDRTouch, but i'm assuming you need to choose what device to connect to somewhere in the app first. Probably by default it tries to connect with a HackRF SDR instead of the RTL-SDR.

KD0CAC

Post by KD0CAC » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:14 pm

OK thanks again , now its running , HDSDR on Windows machine , with ExtIO .
Now for the fine tuning :)

Now to play with the Nexus 7 & RFAnalyzer .

John
KD0CAC