Help with Unitrunker

Need help installing or figuring out something about your SDR? Ask here.
victornguyen

Help with Unitrunker

Post by victornguyen » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:46 pm

Has anybody gotten the new newest version of unitrunker to work .
I am having problems with getting the Unitrunker to work . I have done everything that is in the quick start guide and it's at step # 8 when the play button is pressed is were the problem is . I am not getting the next window to come up . I do get audio and the signal is good and strong , sound like a p25 signal . Is it possible that their is a usb driver plugin that isn't talked about in the quick start guide that is needed ?

kc5uzd

Re: Help with Unitrunker

Post by kc5uzd » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:16 pm

i kinda get this too. Maybe because at step 5, the PP value is unexplained. I still have no idea of what to put in there.

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Post by rtlsdrblog » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:52 pm

kc5uzd wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:16 pm
i kinda get this too. Maybe because at step 5, the PP value is unexplained. I still have no idea of what to put in there.
Setting the PPM is a basic setting for all SDRs. If you have a cheap SDR with no temperature compensated oscillator (TCXO) in it, then the frequency will be offset by a certain amount. The PPM correction is used to manually correct for this offset. You need to determine the offset by using SDR# and viewing a known signal.

If you have a TCXO then the PPM offset will be close to zero, and so it can be set to zero.

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Post by rtlsdrblog » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:53 pm

victornguyen wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:46 pm
Has anybody gotten the new newest version of unitrunker to work .
I am having problems with getting the Unitrunker to work . I have done everything that is in the quick start guide and it's at step # 8 when the play button is pressed is were the problem is . I am not getting the next window to come up . I do get audio and the signal is good and strong , sound like a p25 signal . Is it possible that their is a usb driver plugin that isn't talked about in the quick start guide that is needed ?
Are you sure that it is a trunking channel? If you're getting audio, then the SDR is installed correctly, nothing to do with extra USB drivers will help.

mgbrowne88

Post by mgbrowne88 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:07 am

I too am having the same issue with Unitrunker. I know its a control channel I have tuned to as when I route the audio via VC from SDR# to DSDPlus I get the decoding of the control channel. But in Unitrunker I get nothing. It says signal is 100% and detects DMR but thats all it gives me. Doesn't pop up with the next screen like the instructions says. What am I doing wrong? I believe the network is the Motorola Connect Plus digital mobile radio