[Zadig] Need to roll-back a driver

Need help installing or figuring out something about your SDR? Ask here.
NYJames92

[Zadig] Need to roll-back a driver

Post by NYJames92 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:47 pm

Hello, I have a Surface Pro 2 that I tried getting an RTL-SDR working on and accidentally ran Zadig on the wrong driver, the driver for the touchscreen. As a result I am no longer able to use finger input, only pen input. Two results show up, here is an example of the correct one and the driver I need:

(Ignore the blurriness)

Here is the driver I need repaired, no option in Zadig worked post-restart and post-update:

I have tried finding official drivers for this particular screen and tablet to no avail, and I have tried uninstalling it and starting fresh each time. Windows does not want to automatically update the driver to the OEM version and I need it working as I have art commissions due. I'm not really concerned with getting the RTL-SDR working on this tablet anymore, I just need to find and install the correct driver for the touch input. Not sure if this is the best place to ask, I didn't find an official Zadig forum or anything of the sort.
Alternatively, does anybody own a Surface Pro 2 on Windows 10, and would like to share the driver needed? Thank you.

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Re: [Zadig] Need to roll-back a driver

Post by rtlsdrblog » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:54 pm

You should just be able to go into device manager, right click the device and go into the update driver settings. From there you can choose to switch back to the previous drivers as it will show a history of all previous drivers that were used.

NYJames92

Post by NYJames92 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:06 pm

Unfortunately that only goes back as far as Zadig messing around with it, I am unable to rollback to the OEM driver from Device Manager completely as it is considered a new driver now.

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Post by rtlsdrblog » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:32 am

Strange, you should be able to see the history of all drivers that were installed to that device in driver updates.

Right Click -> Update Driver -> Browse my computer to driver software -> Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.

Otherwise I can only suggest getting in contact with Microsoft support and asking for the correct driver. Or perhaps doing a Windows rollback to the time before you used Zadig.