Audio Piping Problem

Need help installing or figuring out something about your SDR? Ask here.
emanuel73

Audio Piping Problem

Post by emanuel73 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:09 pm

Hi,
I try to connect SDR# to an ACARS application. I installed VB cable and indeed, in Windows' Control Panel / Sound/ Recording I find both Windows' Stereo Mix and VB Cable output.
But when I try to specify one of them as my audio piping feature (in SDR# / Audio / Output) the drop down list does not show any of them. The list shows the Control Panel / Sound / Playback. Thus, I can select only VB Cable input (the Stereo Mix is not even in the list) which seems to be wrong. Therefore, no connection is established with the ACARS application.
What is wrong? Why does not SDR# shows the Recording list (which I assume it has to), and what can be done to fix this issue?
Thanks,
Emanuel

tim_rtd

Re: Audio Piping Problem

Post by tim_rtd » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:47 pm

I had trouble with VB a long time ago. I use virtual cable now. It's a pay app, but you can get a couple channels running on the demo for free. It is superior and worth the money...
I have 20 audio channels running.. no messing with mixer too..

emanuel73

Post by emanuel73 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:40 pm

Thanks for the answer yet it does not answer my question.
It seems to me that the fault is with SDR# as two different virtual cables (regardless their qualities): the Stereo Mix and the VB Cable exist in the Windows system but the SDR# search for the cable in the Audio/Output field of SDR# in the wrong list (unless I am wrong)as it direct its searches to to the Playack list rather than to the Recording.
Emanuel

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Post by rtlsdrblog » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:28 am

emanuel73 wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:09 pm
Hi,
I try to connect SDR# to an ACARS application. I installed VB cable and indeed, in Windows' Control Panel / Sound/ Recording I find both Windows' Stereo Mix and VB Cable output.
But when I try to specify one of them as my audio piping feature (in SDR# / Audio / Output) the drop down list does not show any of them. The list shows the Control Panel / Sound / Playback. Thus, I can select only VB Cable input (the Stereo Mix is not even in the list) which seems to be wrong. Therefore, no connection is established with the ACARS application.
What is wrong? Why does not SDR# shows the Recording list (which I assume it has to), and what can be done to fix this issue?
Thanks,
Emanuel
Make sure that VB Cable is enabled in both the Input and Output devices in Windows. If it's disabled in Input, then SDR# will not see it.