want to broadcast radio [!help]

Need help installing or figuring out something about your SDR? Ask here.
FDX101

want to broadcast radio [!help]

Post by FDX101 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:30 am

hello friends i'm new in RTL-SDR reciver i wonder if there are any way to broadcast radio frequency and transmit sound files
if there is please tell me i have both linux and windows thanks for your helps .
:geek:

Aussie Susan

Re: want to broadcast radio [!help]

Post by Aussie Susan » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:06 am

The RTL-SDR is a receive only device.
I would warn you that transmitting signals requires a license (except in a very few range of frequencies such as are used for remote control of garage doors and the like - and even there it normally requires commercially made devices) in almost every country I know of.
If you do transmit without a license then the authorities in your country could well confiscate your equipment and you could face criminal penalties.
Susan

hotpaw2

Post by hotpaw2 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:39 pm

Some countries allow license-free broadcasting within a limited range of frequencies if one stays below mandated power levels and transmits with a given spectral purity. An amateur radio license will allow one to use even more frequency bands at much higher power levels. Check the requirements for your particular legal jurisdiction.

For instance, if you are in the U.S., and your Linux system is a Raspberry Pi, and you can build a proper quality VHF band-pass filter, you can filter the output of GPIO pin 4, and use a short wire antenna to transmit audio in the FM bandcast band using the pifm utility (source code available on GitHub).

See FCC part 15 regulations for details. https://www.hobbybroadcaster.net/resour ... asting.php

sturdythought

Post by sturdythought » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:29 pm

yeah exactly you need license. without license you could face criminal penalties.

FDX101

Post by FDX101 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:38 am

thanks for your replays in my country low frequencies allowed and i want to made one just for education purpose .