No Signals RTL2832U 820T

Need help installing or figuring out something about your SDR? Ask here.
bumfluff007

No Signals RTL2832U 820T

Post by bumfluff007 » Thu May 15, 2014 9:17 am

Good day ladys and gentlemans,

I have the following problem:

When I'm in CB Band I only get spikes and when I tune to them they sound like a Digital Mode kind of transmission, just a high pitched tone all the time. These spikes are nearly continously and I don't get any signal where normal transmissions are made. The same goes for 8M 4M 2M 70CM Bands. I'm using a SkyScan MKII Antenna and an BNC to Koax Adapter for the RTL-Stick. I've tried everything, normal Antenna (no Signals whatsoever, but thats normal I guess because it's just a cheap thingo), SkyScan, inside and outside, nothing.. Tried SDR# / HDSDR / SDR Console, nothing seems to work for my properly. Any Idea what I could try? (Note: I'm not using and Antenna Amplifier because in most youtube videos it works without it or atleast there are no continous transmissions of high pitched noises all the time in the waterfall. Also I've turned off everything like W-LAN at the PC and Router, shutdown all phones and mobile phones, old CRT, so there are no interferances) Also: I'm living in Germany near the border to Poland so lots of truck traffic (approx 10km to border from where I live), so CB should be heard.

I attached a picture of the waterfall so you can see what I mean. I'm nearly at the point of a nervous breakdown because it's not working I don't know what to do.

Sorry for my English and thanks in advance
Attachments
XD1.jpg
XD1.jpg (537.55 KiB) Viewed 5666 times

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Re: No Signals RTL2832U 820T

Post by rtlsdrblog » Mon May 19, 2014 1:32 am

Those spikes just look like interfering noise to me. Is your RTL-SDR connected directly to the PC? Try using a USB extension cable with some ferrites wrapped around it.

Perhaps your signals are getting blocked by something. How high are you able to get the antenna?

Also can you receive other signals fine, such as broadcast FM or ATIS or weather information?