Telesurveillance

Get help identifying an unknown signal.
Valeriy

Telesurveillance

Post by Valeriy » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:21 pm

Hello, I have detected an analog signal at 162.7375 MHz NFM, with CTCSS 114.8 Hz, 107.2 Hz, and sometimes without CTCSS, which triggers a Close Call Capture
in my Uniden handheld unit.
That has happened a countless number of times in many places in the little city where I live (region Piedmont, Northern Italy), but never outside the city.
There is all the evidence it belongs to a telesurveillance system, and I would like to know what kind, what triggers the emission of the signal (either sensors or human operators),
and how to identify the agency who owns and/or operates it.
The attached file is a sample of how that signal looks like in the Spectrum Analyzer of SDR Sharp.
Thanks for any explanation.
sample3.jpg
sample3.jpg (552.06 KiB) Viewed 5066 times

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Re: Telesurveillance

Post by rtlsdrblog » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:19 pm

It's going to be difficult to identify it without sounds and spectrum samples, and even then there are thousands and thousands of different signals. Some of the more common ones can be found at www.sigidwiki.com.

The best way to determine exactly what that signal is, is to look it up in your countries national frequency database. Most countries have an online searchable database of spectrum licence owners. The USA for example has the online FCC Licence Data Search. If you look up that frequency and determine the owner, then you might be able to figure out what the signal is.