Page 4 of 4

Re: Update rate not showing

Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:44 pm
by stasia327
I have about the same supply going to the additional power port of the kerberos.
I believe I have a short, high quality cable.

What is a "short high quality cable" in your terms?

Re: Update rate not showing

Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:24 pm
by stasia327
I have all 4 tuner tests working on my ubuntu VM. And I've found that the program hangs on this line:

Code: Select all

byte_array_read = sys.stdin.buffer.read(read_size)
inside of hydra_receiver.py

Re: Update rate not showing

Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:19 am
by rtlsdrblog
Do you mean that you have the same supply going to both the Pi3 and Kerberos, or two separate supplies?

It's hard to judge cable quality externally. We have found that some cheap USB cables just fall over once you get to the data rates required for 3+ tuners. Those cables that don't work are generally ones made for charging only, ones that came with cheap USB hardware, or are cheap cables from Aliexpress etc.

The program will hang on that line if it can't summon data from all the tuners, which would mean that one has failed to start and is not providing data.

Re: Update rate not showing

Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:50 pm
by stasia327
They are two separate power supplies. One goes to the pi. I have a cable connecting the pi to the kerberos and the kerberos is also hooked up to a separate power supply.

However, I took out the separate power supply for the kerberos when I hook it up to my Ubuntu VM (realizing that I no longer needed it) and it no longer hangs on that one line and I do get data back it seems like; however, the gui still fails to update or show any update rate.

Re: Update rate not showing

Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:48 pm
by stasia327
So I have found a bug that's been causing all my suffering in hydra_receiver.py

Code: Select all

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/abourlas/kerberossdr/_signalProcessing/hydra_signal_processor.py", line 163, in run
    self.module_receiver.download_iq_samples()
  File "/home/abourlas/kerberossdr/_receiver/hydra_receiver.py", line 206, in download_iq_samples
    return iq_samples    
NameError: name 'iq_samples' is not defined

it should be

Code: Select all

return self.iq_samples.
I noticed that this is commented out on the GitHub page; however, the version of software I have is straight from the newest image.

Re: Update rate not showing

Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:09 am
by rtlsdrblog
stasia327 wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:48 pm
So I have found a bug that's been causing all my suffering in hydra_receiver.py

Code: Select all

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/abourlas/kerberossdr/_signalProcessing/hydra_signal_processor.py", line 163, in run
    self.module_receiver.download_iq_samples()
  File "/home/abourlas/kerberossdr/_receiver/hydra_receiver.py", line 206, in download_iq_samples
    return iq_samples    
NameError: name 'iq_samples' is not defined

it should be

Code: Select all

return self.iq_samples.
I noticed that this is commented out on the GitHub page; however, the version of software I have is straight from the newest image.
Hmmm but that line is meant to be commented out, and it's commented out in the premade images. Are you sure you didn't accidentally uncomment it at some point?

Does the program work normally now ?

Re: Update rate not showing

Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:48 am
by stasia327
I'm positive.

I actually followed the instructions for the Debian PC on my Ubuntu VM so I cloned the software straight from GitHub.
It's working now just fine.
I'm getting an update rate, my spectrum displays are up, it syncs the tuners, etc.

Re: Update rate not showing

Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:53 pm
by stasia327
I did comment it again, out of curiosity, and it still works. So I'm not sure why both work. I'll just leave it commented out since that's how it supposed to be. Not sure what went wrong. I followed the instructions thoroughly.

Re: Update rate not showing

Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:43 pm
by stasia327
Actually, I think one of the tuners is faulty...

After awhile it was working fine - now in my VM it's not recognizing the fourth one:

Code: Select all

Found 3 device(s):
  0:  , , SN: 
  1:  , , SN: 
  2:  , , SN: