No Device Found

Discuss KerberosSDR - 4x Coherent RTL-SDR
jackloh

No Device Found

Post by jackloh » Sun May 05, 2019 2:43 pm

Hi,

I have tested the following configuration several times:

1. I power up SDR using Type C PD out adopter, connect Micro USB to my Raspberry Pi 3 / B, I can see the LED white lite but no respond with rtl_test (device not found). I bought another Raspberry Pi 3 / B+, change a few cables but still receiving the same message (device not found),

2. I power up SDR using Type C PD out adopter, connect Micro USB to my notebook (Ubuntu), same problem as S/no 1 (device not found).

3. I have tested individual channel using sdrsharp-x86 on my WINDOWS desktop PC, all four channels are working (with FM radio).

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Re: No Device Found

Post by rtlsdrblog » Mon May 06, 2019 4:11 am

Hi Jack, i've moved this to the KerberosSDR forum.

I replied on IGG too - in the guide it's mentioned that PD power supplies will NOT work. You must use a normal 5V supply without the PD feature.

So it seems that the problems you are having stem from the PD supply not working. You could confirm if the USB-C supply works by plugging in only with USB-C power supply. If there is a white power light inside, then it's powering the device.

kb3cs

Re: No Device Found

Post by kb3cs » Mon May 06, 2019 12:27 pm

i've got my KSDR USB-C port plugged into the "Quick Charge" port (the special 1 of 4) of a RAVPower 12V car charger and have had no problems