KerberosSDR Developments in 2020

Discuss KerberosSDR - 4x Coherent RTL-SDR
rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Re: KerberosSDR Developments in 2020

Post by rtlsdrblog » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:15 am

VLBI_2020 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:58 pm
Can the Kerberos 4 channel board accept a clock input signal? I'm exploring the possibility of using this board in a VLBI setup since my group has access to multiple hydrogen masers. Is the only way to sync the Kerberos receiver clocks with an outside source to have a separate clock breakout board take the 10MHz maser signal and solder four of its 28.8MHz outputs to the four receivers directly? Is there another way?
Yes you can use CLK_IN, and set the jumper to SLAVE. But it will only accept a 28.8 MHz input.

lbiffle

Post by lbiffle » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:51 pm

theodeurne wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:05 pm
ckoval7 wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:54 pm
rtlsdrblog wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:31 am
For networked operation the stop-gap idea was to get this program compatible with the KerberosSDR http://www.musther.net/RDFMapper/.

But if you're happy to open source and throw your code up on GitHub i'll help test it too.

Will be definitely keen to hear about your switch experiments too. Keep in contact either here on the forums or [email protected].
Right now, the networking code is in bits and pieces for testing of various concepts. I'll open up the repo later this year.

I've very pleased with the results from the antenna switch! I've set up the software to run an auto-calibration routine upon changing frequency. Nothing got mangled in the VHF range. I'm not sure how it will translate to the upper UHF range that people seem to use in the demo videos. There's nothing I've cared to DF in the 800MHz range.
Here are some photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/K1PndvpgotPKdeBU9
Nice PCB's where do i buy this
Hi guys. I need this to work at 1.3 GHz for adaptive polarization, and am planning an external switch solution using TE Axicom FC3-53 3 GHz SPDT relays. If we’re considering an internal switching solution, I would recommend these. If not, we’ll need a signal to control our external relays. I don’t care which way we go, as long as it works at 1.3 GHZ.

This is quite exciting, and I’m thrilled with the progress you’re making!
Les - AA5NA

WhereAmIFlying

Post by WhereAmIFlying » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:37 pm

rtlsdrblog wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:14 am
WhereAmIFlying wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:45 am
@Harbinger Unfortunately I can't send you a private message, I'm either too stupid or it's just not possible. Sorry for spamming the forum...
Harbinger wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:31 am
Is there a chance a future iteration of the Kerberos could come with a five SDR board? Something that could provide an integrated listening on the same frequency as the DF function would be nice instead of using a separate dongle and tuning separately.
I have "hacked" an ZMQ export into Kerberossdr which you can use to pass data to Gnuradio on demand. Drop me a mail at [email protected] if you want to have a look at it. Depending on what you want to do, this may or may not help you.
Would you be able to release this on github etc?
I have just commited the changes to my own GitHub fork https://github.com/nuena/kerberossdr. I don't (yet) want to create a pull request because I think there should be a few tests, benchmarks and documentations before.

The changes mainly consist of a couple of extra lines in hydra_receiver.py and an added example GnuRadio flowgraph. I'm looking forward to any feedback!