What tablet would you recommend?

Discuss KerberosSDR - 4x Coherent RTL-SDR
radman

What tablet would you recommend?

Post by radman » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:03 am

I've purchased the KerberossDR and assembling the other required hardware.

I have been an IOS person so this will be my first exposure into the android world. I will be adding a verizon compatible android tablet to my cellular package. My problem is that compared to the iPad there are so many android tablets available, including some apparent bargains for under $100.

I am willing to buy once/cry once in order to secure the tablet that will properly interface with the KDR.

I'm asking the group for advice regarding size, memory, speed, operating system, brand and any other useful information to steer my purchase.

Thanks ahead of time for your help!

Best Regards from IOS Refugee...Radman

Username

Re: What tablet would you recommend?

Post by Username » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:29 am

Get a Windows and you can use any Sotware for SDR Stuff.

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Post by rtlsdrblog » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:55 am

I'm assuming that you want to use it for DFing with the Android app, so just make sure that whatever tablet you buy supports GPS and has a mobile connection capability and ideally has a compass too.

radman

Post by radman » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:42 pm

Yes...my main use will be DFing

As far as a mobile connection...is it possible to utilize a Wi-Fi Android tablet that has an internet connection using an iPhone as a Wi-Fi hot spot?

All thoughts appreciated...

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Post by rtlsdrblog » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:15 am

Good idea. So you would set up the iPhone with the "KerberosAndroid" access point name, and the KerberosSDR would connect to that AP. Then you'd also connect your Android tablet to the iPhone via the KerberosAndroid AP.

I think that would also work just fine.

You should still be able to access the Kerberos's IP since it would all be on the same network. Essentially the same as connecting everything to your home router.

radman

Post by radman » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:29 am

Could folks that have their Kerberos system up and running with the android app please share with me what specific model Android Tablet and version of Android operating system they are using...Thanks!