Broke both microUSB ports

Discuss KerberosSDR - 4x Coherent RTL-SDR
TowerGuy100

Broke both microUSB ports

Post by TowerGuy100 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:58 am

Out on maiden DF trip, my son, trying to be helpful, puts the SDR in the pocket of the door while we drive around. Unfortunately, when he gets out, he forgets and opens the door and rips both of these ports off of the SDR board.

I do not have the equipment to replace these, so does anyone have any suggestions on how to get repairs? Would repairs with shipping probably cost almost as much as a new unit?

I have already ordered a new one since I think I already know the answer to my questions. If I'm wrong, a second unit might come in handy.

gottifour

Re: Broke both microUSB ports

Post by gottifour » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:44 pm

I actually broke my data micro USB port and a few of the traces were lifted. I was hoping there was a schematic around here somewhere so I can solder in a new one at different points on the board. I'm going to create a separate thread I think in case I don't get answers here in yours.

Good luck with yours!!

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Post by rtlsdrblog » Sat May 02, 2020 11:57 pm

Huh weird, no breakages for a year then two people break the microUSB within a few days of each other! Must be bad microUSB luck time.

Contact us at [email protected] and [email protected] with some photos and we'll see if a repair is even possible.

gottifour

Post by gottifour » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:11 pm

I think I've managed mine beyond repair trying to find traces to jump on to.

I don't suppose you have spare parts for sale?

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Post by rtlsdrblog » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:22 pm

It's just a standard microUSB port which you can find at any electronics retailer. But if the traces are broken I don't think it's an easy repair.

Username

Post by Username » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:07 pm

you can look for a smartphone repair Shop who solder.