DOA on Intermittent Signals

Discuss KerberosSDR - 4x Coherent RTL-SDR
WhereAmIFlying

DOA on Intermittent Signals

Post by WhereAmIFlying » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:57 pm

There have been several discussions about DOA estimation for intermittent signals on this forum already, for example viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4639&start=30 and viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4954. Basically, the state seems to be that it's planned and somewhat working, but I hae not seen any updates newer than around February.

To avoid thread necromancy, I would like to ask here: What is the current state on DOA estimation for these signals, has anybody had any success (especially with ADS-B), or can anybody offer advice on how to proceed here?

Obviously, I want to avoid doing work that has already been done by others, but I would be very much willing to cooperate on this topic in particular, if this is of any help at all.

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Re: DOA on Intermittent Signals

Post by rtlsdrblog » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:37 am

We're in beta testing for the new code now for intermittent signals, and it's looking like we can release it by the end of September, if not earlier. Just a few more modifications need to be done to have it fully up and running.

PERILLOS

Post by PERILLOS » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:20 pm

Hello

Soon the new version for intermittent signals?
Thank you

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Post by rtlsdrblog » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:14 am

Some delays, but it's coming soon!

WhereAmIFlying

Post by WhereAmIFlying » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:43 am

It's been a while since October...

Any update on the ETA of this? Please be aware that I understand if you cancelled/postponed/de-prioritized this feature or encountered severe problems, but I rely on this feature for my project and am a bit in a limbo of "wait or implement myself?". A "not happening anytime soon" statement would be much more valuable for me than "yeah it's coming... just around the corner".

In case you do not plan to release this very soon, may I suggest putting the current (apparently mainly working?) version in a branch on GitHub, possibly it does already work fine enough? Also, if you publish it and describe your problems, others might be able to help.

Cheers!

ckoval7

Post by ckoval7 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:05 pm

I'm also curious what the status of the new software is. I've been holding off making significant changes to the current software since the new software is coming out soon.

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Post by rtlsdrblog » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:18 am

Sorry we did have some delays with this as our dev had to take some time off. It's ready for release very soon, but there is no easy setup documentation yet. We will be releasing the full documentation though it will require time to look through and understand.