New Networked DFing software

Discuss KerberosSDR - 4x Coherent RTL-SDR
ckoval7

Re: New Networked DFing software

Post by ckoval7 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:07 pm

awdmesh wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:55 pm
I just got back and can confirm that a git clone of the original KerberosSDr software does display the compass page after being started.

If I go checkout either the qt4 or qt5 branch of your version the compass page is not displayed. I think maybe this was part of my problem? Maybe not. I should’ve checked beforehand haha oh well it was a great testing experience. I’ll upload the video soon.
The compass issue has been fixed. Looked like the html file didn't get updated to the correct version last time I merged in original code.

You should still see LOBs in app which uses the raw XML from the device. They way I confirm the XML is updating is with:

Code: Select all

watch -n1 cat /ram/DOA_value.html
You'll see the XML update once per second.

awdmesh

Post by awdmesh » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:15 pm

Actually you’re right. On the app there was lobs. I was just unable to get info back to RDFMapper and it also seems as if no lob info was getting to df-aggregator. Cleaning up video now. You’ll see I made some mistakes.

awdmesh

Post by awdmesh » Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:19 am

DragonOS Focal KerberosSDR x3 Mobile w/ DF-Aggregator Direction Finding Attempt 1 (Partial Success) https://youtu.be/qhHuVxakjlM

I didn’t have time to edit out all the dead spots but I was able to shorten it some. I made some setup mistakes that I tried fixing on the fly and there was a weird thing where one of the gps pucks came up as ttyUSB1 instead of 0.

I must have missed something or messed up my setup for RDFMapper not to work and apparently no lobs/intersections into df-aggregator.

I’ll get it working next time!

ckoval7

Post by ckoval7 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:32 am

awdmesh wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:19 am
DragonOS Focal KerberosSDR x3 Mobile w/ DF-Aggregator Direction Finding Attempt 1 (Partial Success) https://youtu.be/qhHuVxakjlM

I didn’t have time to edit out all the dead spots but I was able to shorten it some. I made some setup mistakes that I tried fixing on the fly and there was a weird thing where one of the gps pucks came up as ttyUSB1 instead of 0.

I must have missed something or messed up my setup for RDFMapper not to work and apparently no lobs/intersections into df-aggregator.

I’ll get it working next time!
Something looks broken with the CSS on your browser. The receiver cards should look like this: https://github.com/ckoval7/df-aggregato ... g?raw=true

If you want to see if it got any intersections at all, even if not enough to make an ellipse, set epsilon to 0.

The reason DFA was throwing out TeamTwo was "gpsd" has the heading is not a number. Even if it did populate the rest of the card it would have been bad data. I'll add a check and populate a 0.

awdmesh

Post by awdmesh » Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:09 am

I may have accidentally cut it from the video but it turned out team two Pi’s gps was recognized as ttyUSB1 instead of 0. So it wasn’t actually starting but somehow the software started? I went in and fixed the conf file and restarted gpsd, checked fix with xgps, then restarted everything.

I also somehow made the mistake of keeping team one and team twos run.sh file with the same team name. I didn’t figure that out till almost the end. Each team did have lobs on the app and found the transmitter, unfortunately I just wasn’t able to capture it remotely. I’ll test again this weekend. I’ve had success remotely feeding RDFMapper in the past so I’m not sure what went wrong this time.

Can I check the saved df-aggregator databases after the fact to see if they contain lobs?

It was still a really fun learning experience. Thank you for the awesome open source project!

ckoval7

Post by ckoval7 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:53 am

awdmesh wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:09 am
I may have accidentally cut it from the video but it turned out team two Pi’s gps was recognized as ttyUSB1 instead of 0. So it wasn’t actually starting but somehow the software started? I went in and fixed the conf file and restarted gpsd, checked fix with xgps, then restarted everything.

I also somehow made the mistake of keeping team one and team twos run.sh file with the same team name. I didn’t figure that out till almost the end. Each team did have lobs on the app and found the transmitter, unfortunately I just wasn’t able to capture it remotely. I’ll test again this weekend. I’ve had success remotely feeding RDFMapper in the past so I’m not sure what went wrong this time.

Can I check the saved df-aggregator databases after the fact to see if they contain lobs?

It was still a really fun learning experience. Thank you for the awesome open source project!
Yes, databases can be loaded at any point in time. They won't have the LOBs, but if there were computed intersections they'll be stored there. You could also use something like sqlitebrowser to look at the raw structure of the database.

I'll be off from work tomorrow and around most of the weekend, so feel free to hit me up. My email is my username at gmail.com