I've received a new KerberosSDR beginning of January.
An initial test with the directionfinding function worked immediatley as described in the Quick Start Guide at https://www.rtl-sdr.com/ksdr/.
But I can not manage to get it running ever since. The reason is, that the noise source does not appear to be able to be activated anymore. Unlike shown below in the screenshot from the Quick Start Guide I don't see any spike from the correlation function in the ABS X Corr window anymore. Instead all the traces remain noisy without any distinct correlation spike (just like the system behaves if the noise source is deactivated intentionally).
As instructed in the guide, I did activate the logfiles in run.sh, but apart from the usual initialisation and termination log messages I don't see anything out of the ordinary.
- Is there a way to further narrow down the problem with the correlation function / noise source?
- Maybe by expanding the code to yield more logging information with regards to the noise source?
- I just want to highlight that I use the same cables and power sources for all the test. Since I managed to get the unit working with these already I reason that they are not the problem.
- I also checked the forum for all threads that mention the noise source, but couldn't find anything that relates to my problem.
- I noticed that the metal housing of the KerberosSDR gets quite warm rather quickly. So I thought it could be a thermal problem. But also trying to get a cold unit to run was not successful.