API

Discuss KerberosSDR - 4x Coherent RTL-SDR
hasnat

API

Post by hasnat » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:50 am

Hi,
Is it possible to have a simpler python script (without GUI ) to operate the kerberosSDR for DF and PR functions.
I saw a script for automation but that is externally controlling the webpage.... which is inefficient way of doing it. Instead is there some way to operate the Kerberos using simple functions for Syncing, Getting DOA , setting parameter values...
Does the manufacturer intend to provide these anytime soon?

Regards

ckoval7

Re: API

Post by ckoval7 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:58 am

Stripping the GUI out of the program is an absolute mightmare of a task that basically involves rewriting the whole thing. Supposedly there's a new version of the software being released soon. I've wanted to take on the task of making a GUIless version, but I'm holding off on that until I see what the new software is like.

If you want a more efficient version of the automated sync function, you can use this fork/branch of the code: https://github.com/ckoval7/kerberossdr/ ... witch_ctrl

It adds an "AutoCal" check box to the GUI and web interface. With this box checked, updating the receiver parameters will turn off DOA, set your FIR taps to 0, decimation to 1, and run the sample sync and phase correction. Upon completion of the calibration your FIR taps and decimation are restored to their previous state. Re-enabling DOA/PR is a manual step. It also controls GPIO pin 16 on the pi to toggle an antenna swtich. If you're not using it on a raspberry pi you'll have to comment some code out for it to work. If you're not using antenna switches with it, don't forget to unplug the antennas before changing receiver parameters.