SDRAngel and windows 10

Need help installing or figuring out something about your SDR? Ask here.
Demaggg

SDRAngel and windows 10

Post by Demaggg » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:31 am

Hello all, I will apologize ahead of time if I'm posting in the wrong place or if by chance my question has been asked already.
I Have an RTL-SDR usb dongle up and running SDRSharp and the scanner plug in on windows 10. Its all working fine, I have been trying to install SDRAngel for the last few hours and not having any luck. I extract the files to C/ Program files and it seems ok but when I try to launch the program by clicking the exe file I get an error message that there are missing dll files, I have tried extracting the missing files one at a time but I get a message that they are already there. I have looked for a windows 10 installation video or tutorial but cant find any. I have watched a bunch of windows 7 videos but nothing I try works. I have read post by another user stating he has not been able to get SDRAngel running on windows 10. Am I missing something? Thanks for looking.

tim_rtd

Re: SDRAngel and windows 10

Post by tim_rtd » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:37 pm

My 7zip shows errors when extracting sdrangel into program files directory. I usually install this in c:\users\youraccount.
This worked right away. ProgramFiles may be protected somewhat.

Demaggg

Post by Demaggg » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:54 am

Thanks for the reply, I still get the same dll error....vcruntim140.dll and msvcp140.dll shows up 2 times. getting ready to give up.
SDRSharp installed first time and running fine.

tim_rtd

Post by tim_rtd » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:41 pm

Perhaps this is a 32 bit vs 64 bit issue.
I think sharp is typically 32 bit app....You get to choose 32/64 when downloading sdr console....

Demaggg

Post by Demaggg » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:20 pm

The target machine is running a 64bit with an X64 based processor. SDRAngel seems to run independently of SDRsharp or so I thought . I don't remember seeing the choice of 64 or 32bit when I down loaded either program. Thank you for taking the time to post.

tim_rtd

Post by tim_rtd » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:15 pm

Here's my last help I can find. These 2 files are associated with the installation or lack thereof a Microsoft VC++ redistribution package which can be freely downloaded and installed. Also one other webhit says a virus can cause this error. It mentioned that some saw these files get damaged during a win 10 update.

JEL

Post by JEL » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:02 am

The latest SDRangel (at the time of writing) -> https://github.com/f4exb/sdrangel/relea ... _v4.5.0.7z

Extract to a folder that is NOT a typical install-folder (the program folders are monitored by Windows and should never be used for manual installs, such as zip extractions like SDRangel)

Extract it to a folder like: "C:\SDRangel" instead, or perhaps a radio sub-folder like "C:\SDR\SDRangel".

Such folders are NOT monitored by Windows and this can make a huge difference in how software runs on Windows.

HenryR

Post by HenryR » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:52 pm

I have the same issue when attempting to run other sdr software with the RTL-SDR dongle on Windows 10 Pro. No matter what directory I place the application in to, or what .dll files I replace, any other SDR software programs, or plug-ins, will not work if I have SDR# installed. Why can I not get programs like SDRuno to run when SDR# is already installed? Is it a driver issue?

Thanks,

Henry

bmh

Post by bmh » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:29 am

I put it in the Program Files folder, not the Program Files (x86), and it works fine for me on my Windows 10 Pro 64 bit PC. This is with SDR#, SDR Concole V3, HDSDR, and CubicSDR installed as well. Their shouldn't be any conflict with SDR# or any other SDR software at all.