V3 dongle from Amazon

Main forum to discuss RTL-SDR related topics.
P-40 Warhawk

V3 dongle from Amazon

Post by P-40 Warhawk » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:42 pm

Hi Everybody .
I bought a V3 dongle from Amazon , not a RTL-SDR offering . That was a mistake , Don't buy unless it's from RTL+SDR . The person that was sell it had put a jumper in it and the tuner sensitivity was low .
Now to what my question is , The person that was selling the dongle had mod it And I was wondering if anyone might know what he was trying to do ?????????? I am attaching two pictures , sorry the quality is poor , I always had problems with digital cameras . The third picture is a copy offline so it's a good picture and I am showing the jumper in red .
P.S. I sent it back to Amazon for a refund
Attachments
CCF02252019.jpg
CCF02252019.jpg (2.63 MiB) Viewed 2332 times
DSC00054.JPG
DSC00054.JPG (374.3 KiB) Viewed 2332 times
DSC00053.JPG
DSC00053.JPG (400.41 KiB) Viewed 2332 times

Typhoon_MkII

Re: V3 dongle from Amazon

Post by Typhoon_MkII » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:45 pm

Sorry, but your two last pics are super blurry, and it's difficult to actually understand what's going on there; do you have other pictures, or is it all what you have since you shipped the item back to Amazon?

Nice user by the way, cool to see fellow warbirds :P

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Post by rtlsdrblog » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:17 pm

We have a small batch where we've reduced noise on the HF bands, and one of the changes is that jumper. All subsequent batches have the jumper embedded onto the PCB..

But where did you buy that one from? The jumper on that one looks strange

P-40 Warhawk

Post by P-40 Warhawk » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:11 pm

Hi Moderate from the rtlsdrblog.

I went to the RTL-SDR store and clicked on your store and clicked on Amazon .

Below is a cope of the sale slip that was emailed to me from Amazon . The Dongle come from you people .

Robert

Amazon

Order Confirmation

Hello Robert Symanek,

Thank you for shopping with us. You ordered "RTL-SDR Blog R820T2..." . We’ll send a confirmation when your item ships.

Details

Order #112-1346921-1611410

Arriving:
Monday, February 25

Your Orders

Ship to:
Robert C Symanek
1919 Crown Pointe Blvd...

Total Before Tax:
Estimated Tax:
Order Total:

$27.94
$0.00
$27.94

We hope to see you again soon.

Amazon.com
Exclusive items from Our Brands
AmazonBasics Ultra Thin Indoor TV Antenna - 50 Mile Range
AmazonBasics Ultra Thin Indoor TV...
$27.99

AmazonBasics Ultra Thin Indoor TV Antenna - 25 Mile Range
AmazonBasics Ultra Thin Indoor TV...
$9.99

The payment for your invoice is processed by Amazon Payments, Inc. P.O. Box 81226 Seattle, Washington 98108-1226. If you need more information, please contact (866) 216-1075

By placing your order, you agree to Amazon.com’s Privacy Notice and Conditions of Use. Unless otherwise noted, items sold by Amazon.com are subject to sales tax in select states in accordance with the applicable laws of that state. If your order contains one or more items from a seller other than Amazon.com, it may be subject to state and local sales tax, depending upon the seller's business policies and the location of their operations. Learn more about tax and seller information.

This email was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming email. Please do not reply to this message.

ilikesci

Post by ilikesci » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:17 am

Hello,
I am a noob and this is my first experience with rtl-sdr. I bought it from Amazon too. Your store lists it as RTL-SDR Blog R820T2 RTL2832U 1PPM TCXO SMA Software Defined Radio with Dipole Antenna Kit. I have downloaded a couple of free programs to use with it. SDR# and SDR Radio.com is the software I installed but neither of them recognize the dongle. I am clueless to why it will not recognize the dongle because I followed the links from your site to the software download site and installed the software packages from there. So, If you could provide any assistance I would appreciate it. I really wish your site had a driver to install and then it might be able to be recognized from there. At no time that I plugged the dongle in did say anything about installing a driver.
Thank You,
Micah J. Kimbrough

ilikesci

Post by ilikesci » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:43 pm

Hello,
It would seem that I fixed it. First of all, installing various software changed were it played my sound at so I changed that. I watched a Youtube video and he selected list all and then picked one of the items from the list. I picked USB reciever (interface 0) and that worked. I was able to listen to a local FM music channel though I had to change it to wfm from nfm.
Thank You,
Micah J. Kimbrough

draawede

Post by draawede » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:12 pm

Hi, Concerning the initial post in this thread, I have a V3, batch 2 dongle (purchased about January 2017 from Amazon) and am wondering if my dongle has this mod (wire jumper or etched trace). If not, would it make a significant improvement to the S/N ratio if I added the jumper, and what would the increased S/N ratio be? Thanks in advance!