New version of kerberosSDR app

Discuss KerberosSDR - 4x Coherent RTL-SDR
rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Re: New version of kerberosSDR app

Post by rtlsdrblog » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:45 am

Duppo wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:51 pm
Had time this weekend to fire up kerberos.

Decided to use dipole antennas as monopole by removing ground side of dipole and just tilting the remaining antenna to be vertical. Great results!

Located 3 different Tetra transmitters using only the "guided" feature in app. First one that I could drive close by gave me 5 meter accuracy... Crazy!
Second and third I had to pass them 200-500m away and still located within 50-70m accuracy!

Heatmap feature is such a beautiful thing to look at 8-)
Very nice! Glad to hear people are having success with it.

myke

Post by myke » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:31 am

I was running the earlier Android version requiring Android 8.0 or > and had collected a few log files..... I decided to load the later version - now every time I try and open one of the older log files - the Android app crashes. I have not had time to setup and try the newer version of the app and compare the csv files - maybe in a couple of days. Is there some reason the two version could not share log files??

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Post by rtlsdrblog » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:07 am

myke wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:31 am
I was running the earlier Android version requiring Android 8.0 or > and had collected a few log files..... I decided to load the later version - now every time I try and open one of the older log files - the Android app crashes. I have not had time to setup and try the newer version of the app and compare the csv files - maybe in a couple of days. Is there some reason the two version could not share log files??
No changes were made to the log file system. So to confirm the newer log files can still be opened?

myke

Post by myke » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:03 pm

I do not have time to capture any new data until later in the week. I have removed / reinstalled and each time the Android apps fails the same. I can load the file(I used over 7 different previous saved) however when I select 'Plot Log File" or 'Plot Grid and Estimate' the program crashes. I am running a Moto G5 Plus @ Android Version 8.1.0 .... Can I get a copy of the apk for the later version of Android?

edit:

I confirmed same problem trying to plot using Samsung TAB A running 8.1.0 ...

OK here is the question: can you open your phone..android device and load a saved csv file and then back in app - plot the old file. After uninstalling Version 2.2 I can not seem to get 2.3 to handle files reliably ??? ...OK making a little progress:

1. Appears the log files must be in the Kerberossdr folder or the app will crash - well on my phone anyway :roll: