OpenEar will be new software for listening to Voice and data of protocols(Tetra, DMR, MPT,...)

Show off any of your RTL-SDR or cheap SDR related projects.
moneriomaa

OpenEar will be new software for listening to Voice and data of protocols(Tetra, DMR, MPT,...)

Post by moneriomaa » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:05 pm

The OpenEar is windows based project that try to listening protocols by RTL-SDR

OpenEar is my try to compiling current open source projects in github or other sources from any language to c++ for compiling on VC++

openear can decode varius type of protocols in future.
Which protocol (whose source is available) do you propose to add in the future?

you can find more detail for project at github page OpenEar
(admin said that this maybe scam, but every one can decides for himself not for others.)
roadmap described and no body force to help.
thanks admin
Last edited by moneriomaa on Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Re: OpenEar will be new software for listening to Voice and data of protocols(Tetra, DMR, MPT,...)

Post by rtlsdrblog » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:02 am

I've removed your link for now as i'd like to see some actual code and progress before you start soliciting donations (as your GitHub page has no code, and is basically a large donate button). At the moment it just sounds like a scam & money grab.

moneriomaa

Re: OpenEar will be new software for listening to Voice and data of protocols(Tetra, DMR, MPT,...)

Post by moneriomaa » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:53 pm

The roadmap is explained and naturally everyone has the power to make their own decisions
You can not help to improve this project
And also there is no mandatory mention.
Removing your link is considered disrespectful

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Post by rtlsdrblog » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:19 am

What's disrespectful is spamming the blog comments and other forums with donation request links for a project with no code.

If it's not a scam, produce some actual code first like other projects, then ask for donations. The link will stay removed for now as we don't want to Google to associate our site with scam links, but people can still search the name on GitHub if they really want.

moneriomaa

Post by moneriomaa » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:45 pm

Hi
i Updated first version of OpenEar on github
this is contains RTL-SDR support, Data Streaming from device to Sound card and writing Tetra logs to file, Frequency spectrum, and constellation of tetra demodulator.
project more described on github and
x64 version of binary file and some needed library(for FFT and filtering calculation) are
ready on github OpenEar

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Post by rtlsdrblog » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:00 am

Thanks for proving it's not a scam. Is the software open source, and will the code be released? I'm a bit weary about downloading a straight up exe.

EDIT: Tested in a sandbox and it appears to work as advertised! Nice work.

moneriomaa

Post by moneriomaa » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:33 am

you're welcome
The software is made from different parts
Some parts of the processing modules like protocol kernels or software architecture for transferring data to different parts, that I directly writing them (for protocols converting from other languages to c++, and some improving in performance), have in mind will eventually be open source classes, but graphical parts that I have used other people I have already restricted and simplified the sample and now it is not possible to insert the code but in two ways it is possible to insert the whole project code first replace the open source graphic module instead Current modules, or to be able to satisfy them with the graphics module owners(i changed some codes of graphical module for limitation of features, Although code has more professional features and i have not time to remove those ), currently My focus is on improving software performance and adding other protocols (DMR , MPT1327 , acars , AIS , gr-gsm,...) that all is c++ (objective) and can be used more than one time in code for multi decoding
And if I want to give you a short answer, yes it will be open source but probably after the whole project is completed!

hamradionl

Post by hamradionl » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:39 pm

Thank you for your effort and your time.
This program need lots of work to be done.
Not SYNC
Not Show MCH,
Not show Slot number or all slots together?
Tuning little difficult
Not have Volume settings
And finally,
Not decode low level signal, lots of stutter voice

moneriomaa

Post by moneriomaa » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:59 pm

you'r welcome
for SYNC and showing MCH if you mean about showing more info of signal and volume,yes it can be done in few future days
about Slot number currently last call-id selected to vocoder and coz all code is objective, i decide to add 4 path of vocoder for decoding all slot.
about tuning and weak signal, i searching better 8psk or pi/4 DQPSK demodulator for better peformance

hamradionl

Post by hamradionl » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:02 pm

Thank you for reply. I not have bitcoin, sorry.

With help of community it is possible do very fast progress There is lots future potential, like the gr-dec or gr-gsm you mentioning. Good you mention the source is in C++, make live easy in future.
About tetra program is this like the early version of Telive or early release TSSDR?
TSSDR or TTT the decode voice is very clear and clean and excellent also in low level signals no voice stutter.
Audio sound like one of the very early BETA releases from AOR DV 1 :)

Notice the saved logfile, read all kind of useful information precent for later.

Why you are using msvcr120d.dll ? and not the msvcr120.dll

Your release need to set the GAIN very high to get "steady round constellation" when gain tiny bit to high, the constellation is distorted. Also when to gain tiny bit to low, not get SYNC. This setting seem very critical, to critical?
- After program Close, tuning frequency it not save the last setting, is this correct?
- Very important, to show if tuned to a main carrier data channel or the frequency itself.
- Like mention, missing audio volume slider