Zadig can't Find a Driver for Terratec E4000 Stick

Need help installing or figuring out something about your SDR? Ask here.
electron

Zadig can't Find a Driver for Terratec E4000 Stick

Post by electron » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:15 am

Zadig can't find a USB driver for My Terratec E4000 and so I am unable to use it with SDR#.

What do I need to do to get Zadig to find a driver for the NooElec Terratec T-Stick DVB-T USB Stick
(E4000)?

I Pucchased a NooElec Terratec T-Stick DVB-T USB Stick (E4000) w/ Metal Antenna & Antenna Mount.
When I try to load the correct USB driver using Zadig the E4000 shows up but Zadig does not find a driver to load (it shows NONE) on a Windows Vista computer.

Zadig Reports:
Bulk-In Interface (Interface 0)
Vendor ID: 00D7 (which shows Terratec Electronics GmbH when I hover over it)
Product ID: 0ccd
Driver (NONE) <<< can't find a driver

I'm using
Zadig 2.1.0.658
Windows Vista SP2 32 bit
ini file 'zadig.ini' not found - default parameters will be used
default driver set to 'WinUSB'
2 devices found.
Checking for Zadig updates...
Checking release channel...
No new release version found.
6 devices found.

Previously I installed the NooElec NESDR Mini SDR & DVB-T USB Stick (R820T) USB driver with Zadig and it worked fine. In sdr# it shows as shows as RTL-SDR USB
What do I need to do to get Zadig to find a driver for the NooElec Terratec T-Stick DVB-T USB Stick (E4000)?

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Re: Zadig can't Find a Driver for Terratec E4000 Stick

Post by rtlsdrblog » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:49 am

You shouldn't need to reinstall the driver as its the same driver for both the R820T and E4000.

Did you run zadig as administrator?

Set the driver after the green arrow to WinUSB and click install driver. What happens after?

electron

Re: Zadig can't Find a Driver for Terratec E4000 Stick

Post by electron » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:56 am

Thanks for your response. Your suggestion worked perfectly. As you suggested I recorded the driver that Zadig loaded for the R820T dongle. When I inserted the NooElec E4000 although Zadig did recognise the vendor iD when I hovered over it it did not automatically present a driver to load. I then loaded the same driver that Zadig used for the R820T dongle. It worked great. Thanks for the help and information. I really find this web site and the forum to be very helpful for someone just starting out with SDR.