Main forum to discuss RTL-SDR related topics.
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:04 am
Here's my predicament:
- I'm a beginner
- I want to get started ASAP
- The recommended "starter" devices, which are definitely in my price range (the RTL-SDR Blog brand R820T2 RTL2832U, both kit and standalone SKUs) are out of stock for the next month or more.
- I'm a little overwhelmed by the sheer number of other options out there, especially considering a bunch are purportedly knockoffs or of low quality.
My question is: value-wise, is it worth waiting a month or more for the model(s) above to come back in stock?
It seems like a v3 device is what I want. I'm overwhelmed by the other options, but would consider any comparable (quality) product under about $100 USD.
All recommendations appreciated!
- Posts: 206
- Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:18 am
I'm no expert but the V3 from this site seems guaranteed.
Unless you have a reliable recommendation I'd think waiting would be best.
My guess is that all good ones will be sold..
- Posts: 71
- Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 11:16 pm
nsinbc wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:14 am
[*]The recommended "starter" devices, which are definitely in my price range (the RTL-SDR Blog brand R820T2 RTL2832U
, both kit and standalone SKUs) are out of stock for the next month or more.
That's not true. RTLSDRv3 in stock: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32939551915.html