RTL-SDR driver won't install

Main forum to discuss RTL-SDR related topics.
dieseldawg

RTL-SDR driver won't install

Post by dieseldawg » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:01 pm

I have Win10 Pro and can't get dongle drivers to install. Followed Quick Start using Zadig, appeared to work in Zadig, but SDRSharp couldn't find device. Tried Zadig again, now Built in doesn't even show up. Manual install directions are missing on Webpage. Any help would be appreciated.

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Re: RTL-SDR driver won't install

Post by rtlsdrblog » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:33 pm

Can you double check if the rtlsdr.dll file is in the SDR# folder?

If it's missing and install-rtlsdr.bat isn't downloading it, then manual install instructions are here http://www.rtl-sdr.com/manual-installation-of-sdr/

Also check in device manager if your dongle is showing up, and what drivers are installed to it.

speedy1wrc

Post by speedy1wrc » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:11 am

Can't get the driver to install either.

Win7

Device manage shows "other device" "Bulk-in interface" however it says there is no driver. Zadig 2.01, 2.22, 2.24 all run and leave me with a green arrow, but no driver.

I manually extracted the drivers to a directory and if I tell it to update the driver and point it to that directory it says there is no driver for my device.

I have Winusb on my computer but I can only set RTL SDR up as a USB device.

In the app I can select the RTL SDR but under configuration there are no devices at all.

rtlsdrblog
Site Admin

Post by rtlsdrblog » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:37 pm

speedy1wrc wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:11 am
Can't get the driver to install either.

Win7

Device manage shows "other device" "Bulk-in interface" however it says there is no driver. Zadig 2.01, 2.22, 2.24 all run and leave me with a green arrow, but no driver.

I manually extracted the drivers to a directory and if I tell it to update the driver and point it to that directory it says there is no driver for my device.

I have Winusb on my computer but I can only set RTL SDR up as a USB device.

In the app I can select the RTL SDR but under configuration there are no devices at all.
Can you show a screenshot of what your zadig screen shows?