VST2 host for SDR#?

Talk about anything else here.
JEL

VST2 host for SDR#?

Post by JEL » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:31 pm

This is to all developers; is anybody considering creating an SDR# plugin that would be able to load, and obviously use, VST2 plugins inside it?

Steinberg's VST2 api is here: http://www.dith.it/listing/vst_stuff/vs ... rview.html

I'm not able to create SDR# plugins myself, but can create VST2 plugins.

The goal is to be able to use VST2 plugins to add further DSP processing to the SDR# audio (For example; automatic audio-levelers, loudness-levelers, sound-filters, noise-filters, etc)

I have some VST2 plugins of my own (Designed for professional TV and radio audio, not HAM or SDR sound), which I could re-purpose specifically for the radio-audio if I could just use VST2 with SDR# :)

So basically I am looking for an SDR# plugin that can load and use VST2 plugins like those I have here (If anybody decides to have a go at creating a VST2-host for SDR#; then you can use these VST2 plugins to test the compatibility if you like. I put this link here since not all VST2 plugins are compatible will all VST-hosts and obviously I would only be able to create working VST2 plugins for SDR# if the host is compatible with them :) ) https://jelstudio.dk/JELSTUDIO_software.html

It would be super if SDR# itself had a VST2 host built-in, but I'm guessing a plugin could perhaps also do the job.

The VST2 plugins I would create for SDR# would be freeware, but they would function like the pro ones in the above link.

So, hoping somebody with SDR# skills might be interested :)
jacob.

EddieMac74

Re: VST2 host for SDR#?

Post by EddieMac74 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:05 am

Hi Jacob,

What do you require for a plugin to host your VST filters? I could probably write you a a plugin with an interface you could use to implement your code...

Eddie

JEL

Re: VST2 host for SDR#?

Post by JEL » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:23 am

EddieMac74 wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:05 am
Hi Jacob,

What do you require for a plugin to host your VST filters? I could probably write you a a plugin with an interface you could use to implement your code...

Eddie
Well, the thing is I code in a language called JSFX, which is then compiled into VST2 .dll files.

These VST2 files are loaded by VST2-hosts.

Basically what I would like is for SDR# to be able to use these VST2-plugins like a regular compatible VST2-host.

This means the audio must be pibed through the VST2-plugin, so that the plugin can alter the audio and pibe it back to SDR# for playback.

It would obviously be much better if I knew how to translate the JSFX code directly into the language used by SDR# plugins :)

I'm not sure it's an easy task, or even a possible task, to create a VST2-host as a plugin for SDR# though (The host-requirements are a bit over my head :) )
It may be something that should really be done by those who make the SDR# software.