rtl-sdr.com

Discuss RTL-SDR and cheap software defined radio
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:21 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:22 pm 

Have set sdr program to (Q direct sampling) but still can't get any signal thru the dongle, have tried 160 through 20 meter dipoles. Is there something else required to receive HF on the silver dongle.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:25 pm 
Site Admin

Upload a screenshot of your settings. All that should need doing is setting it to Q-branch.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:45 pm 

I am using sdr# v1.0.0.1488 and config set to - Direct sampling (Q branch)

This setting worked with a cheap rtl dongle which had been physically modified, however the (RTL-SDR.com blog dongle) ad said you only needed to connect a hf antenna and set sdr# config to Q mode, which I did but it's dead. The dongle works great in quadrature mode (24-1700mhz) so I know the dongle is ok.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:57 am 
Site Admin

Can I see a screenshot of the HF spectrum, around the broadcast AM band? I can probably tell if it's dead from the screenshot.

If it's dead contact us at rtlsdrblog _AT_ gmail _DOT_ com, and we'll arrange a replacement unit.

Before connecting the replacement unit please double check that your antenna is not generating large static pulses by ensuring that the grounding is adequate.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:05 am 

rtlsdrblog wrote:
Can I see a screenshot of the HF spectrum, around the broadcast AM band? I can probably tell if it's dead from the screenshot.

If it's dead contact us at rtlsdrblog _AT_ gmail _DOT_ com, and we'll arrange a replacement unit.

Before connecting the replacement unit please double check that your antenna is not generating large static pulses by ensuring that the grounding is adequate.

Hi, i have the same problem. I start SdrSharp or Gqrx in direct sampling mode (Q branch) and 95% of the times (if not more) i get no signals from the dongle. When i'm lucky, everything works and i'm super happy with the dongle :)
Here are some screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/DfTzS WORKING/Not WORKING comparison.
Ignore the many interferences and weakness of signals, i'm just testing indoor.

I have a V3 First batch dongle.
Am i eligible for a replacement?

Thank you

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:44 am 
Site Admin

alex2504 wrote:
rtlsdrblog wrote:

Hi, i have the same problem. I start SdrSharp or Gqrx in direct sampling mode (Q branch) and 95% of the times (if not more) i get no signals from the dongle. When i'm lucky, everything works and i'm super happy with the dongle :)
Here are some screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/DfTzS WORKING/Not WORKING comparison.
Ignore the many interferences and weakness of signals, i'm just testing indoor.

I have a V3 First batch dongle.
Am i eligible for a replacement?

Thank you

It looks like it's simply due to a loose cable/connection. But if you think it's really faulty send us an email.